Seadek for a 2011 Nautique 200 CB

skifan

• Baller

Has anyone created a Seadek template for a 2011 200 Closed Bow that they wouldn't mind sharing? Or has anyone removed the carpet and replaced with Seadek that could provide some tips or advice to do so? Boat is almost 10 years old and the carpet has seen better days. I would like to replace it with seadek.

Thanks for the help.

• Baller

@Andre not that I can find on their website

@oldjeep I get that the old carpet won't fall out, might be ready for a project. I think the upgrade will be worth it, I've always disliked carpet in boats. I took @thager recommendation and am also looking at the Deckadance marine carpet. That may be easier because it doesn't need to be glued down.

• Baller
@skifan. I believe what @oldjeep is meaning is that at best the subfloor under the carpet is raw fiberglass. It isn't the nice gel coat finish like the newer boats. Have heard but cannot confirm that some boats the carpet is glued right to the closed cell foam they filled the void between the stringer and hull side with. You might be in for a lot of finishing work to make it look right and be somewhat level

• Baller

Carpet right on top of foam! Oh god that nauseated me almost as much as sea dek. What a water logged nightmare!

Yes the glass underneath the carpet will need much much prep work to make sea dek look like you imagine it will. I can’t imagine sea dek dealers do t have the patterns for a 200. Surely <$1400 will cover cost of new carpet installed.