Regina Jaquess - Proof she is from another planet

Kelvin

• Baller

In case you missed the webcast, here is Regina's 39off pass in the second round of the Stillwater Pro Team Challenge. This is by far the ugliest 39off you will ever seen anyone run. Hats off to Regina, she is an incredible athlete!

• Baller_
It's probably music again. And, if it is ambient and not added specifically for the broadcast, someone needs to challenge this application of copyright law. Nobody is making any money or generating any additional interest to the water ski webcast because Taylor Swift is playing in the background. If they want to hear that song, they certainly aren't going to want a bunch of discussion about fin settings and water temperature interwoven with it. The artists and licensing companies need to get over themselves.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
To further to prove her alien status, last week at the US a nationals she was just 4 overall points away from a World Overall record. Well this weekend at the Still Waters Pro Challenge she did it again and set a NEW PENDING OVERALL World Record!! Incredible athlete and amazing performance!!! congrats Regina!!

• Baller
The original post was the video directly from the camera with only engine noise. I received a notice from YT that it was removed due to a violation of YT community guidelines. ????? I have appealed that ruling since the video is no different than any of the hundreds or thousands of other water skiing videos out there. No music issues on this one.

• Baller

I second what @thager said, Scrappiest pass I have ever seen! Unreal!!!!!!

It was interesting to see that her troubles were all on her offside turn, just like many of us mere mortals experience. The way she was able to reset her angle on ball 3 after a near fall was amazing. If such a recovery can be done at 39' off, it makes me wonder whether I should try harder to regain angle when I falter at much longer line lengths.

• Baller
I remember quite a few years ago at the Malibu Open when it was still in Milwaukee she had a complete yard sale fall at 5 ball. It was in a opening round and she had already easily advanced with her previous passes. I was talking to her after and asked why she didn't let go and avoid the fall. Her response was classic.... "I don't let go!".

• Baller

@klindy I just did the math on her best round from the event. Seems as though she is a few points shy of a WR.

Current Women’s Overall Record - Natalia Berdnikova from 2012

3@38 - 9740 - 58m = 3,177.26pts

Regina this past weekend

2.5@41 - 8420 - 55m = 3,142.95pts

So close. She will have it soon!

• Baller

@klindy you are correct that it is listed twice at but I would think that the one listed with the "new calculation method" would be the official current record? I assume the discussion is to the idea that the original record was set in 2012 with the reorg of the record being done in 2016. Slalom scores took a big hit with the new math. For those that are wondering http://www.iwsf.com/history/displayrecords.php

Overall Calculator: http://www.iwsf.com/rules/OverallRecordCalculator.htm

• Baller
Has any male skier pulled off a turn(s) like Regina did in this pass? I have never seen anyone get so wheelied out of a turn only to slam the ski back down and get it across course. For anyone to be able to keep their composure/focus/determination and BALANCE is sheer amazing. Great job Regina. As I have said before - I only wish I could ski like a girl.