Asking for ski recommendation for wife

lewis310

• Baller
My wife has been skiing open water for over 35 years. A few years back we moved to a waterski community and she recently decided that she would like to try the mini-course. She is not an aggressive skier and I’m having trouble getting her to lean and pull through the wakes. She is skiing on a 35-year-old Kidder Supreme. I’m thinking that if she wants to do more than open water playing, I need to get her a new ski. I’m thinking a Radar Lyric, but looking for other suggestions. Thoughts?

• Baller

I agree overall with the sentiment that it's tough to go wrong with a lyric or omni right now. However, for best and most precise recommendation possible, it would be wise for you to provide more info.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-NiENHZt0sC7WDBaeVk6QK9OJzQ4-DYISGE1h_PPjPI/edit

A great example is that @hchwilson understandably didn't like the P6, but it is the perfect course ski for my 75 year old dad who skis like this:

If anything, I would need a ski that's even fatter for him so we could slow down a bit more and start to try to get some orange balls.

I went thru several skis for my wife until the Omni. They all did something she didn't like. According to her, the Omni gets up easier, takes speed easier and turns easier than any ski she has ever skied on.

Her ski is a 2019 Omni that was on sale for a very reasonable price. I am now looking for a syndicate Omni for her since we finally found a ski she likes...of course she will most likely not like the syndicate version as well......