2013 MC 197 Speedometer Calibration

kylegansel

Hi guys - I have a friend who just picked up a used 2013 Mastercraft 197. It's his first inboard and she's a beauty. The zero off gauge is shot so he's waiting for the dealer to get the new one in stock. With that being said he's doing some old school throttling and using the standard speedo gauge. The problem is the speed is off...... It's reading a good 5+ MPH to fast. We've done some googling and can't find how to exactly adjust the speedo. Anyone have a 2013 MC 197 and know what the process is? Just trying to help a friend out.

• Baller

2013 should have had Beede instrumentation, not Medallion like previous years. The speedo is dependent on the GPS being operational. I can send you the 2013 Beede Manual (you won't find it on Mastercrafts Resource page) which shows how to calibrate the Speedo. However, without ZeroOff operational, I doubt the calibration will change anything as that system relies on ZeroOff for the speed. PM me your contact info and I can send you a PDF of the calibration procedure.