Cleaning boat carpet

Pullhard

• Baller

Pressure washer with a wide spray nozzle for gently lifting dirt out of the nap. Boat on a driveway with some grade to it, and all bilge drains removed. Sometimes, I will also lightly brush carpet using some carpet cleaner, then rinse with pressure washer. Don't be aggressive with pressure washer. I try to do this on a sunny day so carpet dries fairly quick. Only once or twice a year since the carpet doesn't get very dirty to begin with.

Next boat, I hope to get removeable carpet. Then, I can do the same process, but with the carpet removed.

• Baller
First- vacuum aggressive. I actually use the vacuum from the house in the boat . As noted above, tilt the boat in the driveway with open bilge plugs . IMO pressure washers are a bit overkill. I’ll wet the carpet with a hose, mix up about 3/4 a 5 gal bucket of soapy water ( car wash or Dawn), slosh it on the carpet a section at a time , scrub it one direction then the other with a stiff scrub brush, do the next section, etc,. Rinse all down with the hose . Run over the carpet again with the brush to stand it all up , park it in the sun . Comes out great . Can spot clean any spots needing in advance . I’ll always clean the bilge well at the same time since the back panels are already out. Everything gets a cleaning. I typically only do this once a year , and just vacuum during the rest of the year.

• Baller

Vacuum off and on though out the season. Then deep clean at the end. We ski on a river so the carpet gets pretty rough as the season wears on. I have had a lot of luck with a good vacuum, then using a Bissel spot cleaner($65) for the deep clean. One that you can spray down water and suck it back up. I usually add 50:50 mix of Simple Green and water. Spray it down, scrub with a stiff bristle brush, then vacuum it back up. The water that gets pulled out looks like pure dirty river water and the carpet looks as good as new. I try to do this outside on a nice sunny day to allow the carpet to fully dry. Never had a problem with mold/mildew or that musty carpet smell.

4xe4b6fckc41.png

• Baller

Ours is a mud bottom lake so the water is a bit dirty. I usually clean the carpet once a year. I turn up the water heater and get buckets of hot water and suck it out with a carpet cleaner. No soap. Does pretty well. I have heard you should not use soap on carpet as any soap residue left behind will actually hold dirt more easily.

@Zman I have seen people mention the pressure washer before. Doesn't that back splash all over the rest of the interior?

If you want to save money and become more environmentally friendly, there is an alternative solution - use an end of lease cleaners Bow. Although it may sound helpful, there is no need for you to understand this if you do not intend to move out shortly. However, if you are thinking about renting out your property for the first time or are looking for an experienced removalist, read on to discover more about what they are capable of doing for you. It would help if you took into consideration all these factors regarding the cleaning.

If we talk only about boat carpets, I clean them pretty often.

Talking about house carpets, I clean them pretty often, but I also used to hire a professional carpet cleaning service twice or three times a year.

Regardless of how often you clean the carpet, it requires a professional cleaning at least once per year.

I know a company that provides professional carpet cleaning services.

They also provide floor restoration services, so if you are interested and would like to contact them, check their site first.