MasterCraft Pro | mid-air edge change?

Murrski

• Baller
I'm a big fan of MC boats, all the innovation and if I was in the market to buy new it would be a MC but I noticed on the webcast of the MC Pro (men's round-1) that so many skiers appear to be edge changing in the air. Tony mentions this a couple times... think it was Sean's set that I remember distinctly but I just thought I saw a lot of that with many skiers. When I took notice - I also thought most of the times I saw it was at lines 11.25 or shorter. I didn't notice this during Swiss Pro, Travers GP or Malibu. Anyone else feel this was happening more than usual? Thoughts?

• Administrators

Flying edge change is more a symptom of excess rope load than anything else. Not too many years ago it was my trademark mistake.

The wakes on the ProStar are best in class. If you doubt that then get a ride behind one.

• Baller_

+1 for what @Horton said. Watch just about any Andy M vid where he gets in to extreme short line. Air edge change was common place for him. If u watch this vid, the shorter the line the more extreme and hard the edge change is...airborne at times.

• Baller
Overall it was some pretty amazing skiing yesterday, especially considering the pretty strong head/tail wind. Swiss was pretty windy also, but its a lot more protected, even on the ends with the head/tail wind. Lake Grew has a lot of open land with no tree protection coming off I4 so that head/tail wind has a long way to build up. For Nate to run 41 3 times....pretty crazy. Must be the boat.....

• Baller
Scores were incredible in the men's final. 3-way tie with 5 @ 10.25 and to come back out at 10.75 for the runoff... so fun to watch! Ladies put up some great scores as well over the three rounds. I was the one who opened this thread but I 100% admit that you can't argue with the performances in slalom and jump!

• Members
I noticed the skis popping off the trough more than usual as well. TGas round 1 is exhibit A. Maybe a little bit of denial by our fearless leader. To be clear, if I could pick any of the three current boats for a tournament ride tomorrow, it would be the MasterCraft, so I am definitely not a hater. I think the larger trough than I am used to seeing from the MC was due to 3 people in the boat and maybe some extra electronic gear.

• Baller

I wouldn’t read much into it. I did a flying edge change at the Malibu Open and at Hilltop behind the SN. I normally train behind a 200. It’s more likely to happen first couple sets behind any boat you aren’t used to, especially if those sets are in a high pressure tournament where you are going really hard.

I haven’t skied the new MC but from what I’ve heard the wakes a great and it skis great.

• Baller_
They could have weighted the nose out of habit to add a little insurance to pull record paths. That, plus the extra boat crew, could have amplified the trough a little. The scores seemed to be really close to any of the other boats or other previous models. There were a couple surprises to the downside, but I didn't see the boat playing any big part of that.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.