For Sale Hard to find ‘04 SSLXi in Western Canada

Dacon62

• Baller

Nothing to gain here on my end just wanted to let other Canadian Ballers know that there is a hard to find, low hour Malibu Sunsetter LXi for sale in Abbotsford, BC.

My buddy has an ‘03, has the same hull and skis amazing.

If your looking for a boat that skis great and can do more family stuff as well this is it.

This is the last year they made this amazing boat.

http://www.performancewatersports.com/boats/boat/2004-malibu-sunsetter-lxi/

• Baller
Out of curiosity what was the difference between the Sunsetter and the Response? The response of that era had the increased beam width compared to previous ski boats and the walk through open bow. Was the Sunsetter wider than that? Longer? Deeper hull?

• Baller_

That extra foot is gained basically by a cantilever design that extended beyond the regular hull of the Response. That is how they got more space and kept the good wake characteristics, since it is essentially the same hull.

Look at the photos from the side to see the stern and the overhang.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

MI is right, like old jeep, but fu_man you have to be careful without the letters to follow.

Response is a lot different than a response lxi, just like a "sunsetter" is a lot different than a sunsetter lxi.

Even though the TMCs chart is right, the sunsetter lxi riding surface is that of a response not a response lxi, even though have the same width. That's because sunsetter lxis were made 99-04. Response lxi didn't debut until 2003. Stay away (if you're a skier only) from the "regular" sunsetters. Totally different hull.

I've owned multiple responses, lxi, and sunsetter lxi. I found the response lxi to be a "10", response a "9.5", and sunsetter lxi a very solid "9".

• Baller_
@fu_man - as noted above, if in the market for a Malibu of that era, you have to be vigilant on verifying the particular hull that is tuned to the specific activities you want as Malibu used some common nomenclature in that era and offered various hulls for the same boat model.