Nautique Carpet Removal

ScottPeterson

• Baller

I did it on our 98 Nautique at Sugarhouse Canvas in Midvale. An expensive pain and they put the wrong carpet in that stunk when it got wet. Don’t go there.

But I have a solution. Ski more with your neighbor up the hill with his 2016 200 and wear out his carpet:) Just here to help.

Hello ScottPeterson! I did this with my 2013 SN CB. For removing all parts and the carpet I needed ~2 days. Cleaning everything and glueing the carpet takes ~2 days. And one day you will need for fixing all parts. I was lucky to get the original carpet that fits with width and length.

The most tricky part was the cutting of the carpet. I think I would not do it again. After 100 hrs on the new carpet it is flat again...

We replaced the carpet on our '90 SN last winter. The toughest parts are scrapping all the old glue off, we used acetone and a puddy knife. Then cutting the new carpet can be a pain, we drew up a full diagram of the boat floor then laid that out on the carpet that was laid out on the driveway. After cutting the outside edges and the walls (3 separate pieces) out of the boat we stuck it in the boat and cut the engine bay out. and finally getting it to stick and stay stuck was difficult. It took two people, one to glue and one to hold and stretch out wrinkles. It took us a weekend to do, lot of work but the carpet looks a lot better than the stuff they put in back in 1990. We ordered very plush carpet from marine carpet.com. make sure you buy their marine glue, we used two buckets. After a season of heavy use it still looks as it did the day we put it in.

• Baller_
@ScottPeterson - not hard but it is tedious. You will have a good idea when you start pulling up the current carpet. Some glue may release easy and some will be really stuck, in my case it was part of both. Its worth doing the research on the replacement stuff as there are lots of options available from a variety of vendors. I was able to use the existing carpet as a pattern. Some of the online marine carpet vendors have decent Q & A and instructional video's to help. It took all 958 ipod songs to complete the project.

• Baller
agree with @fu_man . Why the need for carpet on a 5 yr old boat? Mine was 25 yrs old before replacing and then it wasn't because of wear. Sanding disks and wire wheel on drill or grinder for old glue removal. Lots of vacuuming and clean up. To the task itself the main flooring isn't that bad. Just lots of measuring, draw your plans, measure and cut the carpet. The main flooring for my boat wassn't bad. Bigger pain were the small things like engine box base, access panels, kick panels under the dash etc. Save the originals for templates and take a lot of pictures. Also go light on the glue. You don't want it bleeding through. Once all cut and ready to install I laid mine in in one night. Wasn't bad. Looks SO good when finished. You'll be fine

Oh man, my dad has a 2016 Nautique 200, I can tell you that changing the carpet is a really ... great pain in the ass! First of all, it is a really ... expensive procedure, second of all, it is really hard to do, and you might not even find anyone ready to do that, and here comes another problem, the removal of the older carpet is also a really expensive pleasure. My dad was so freaking desperate actually, he decided to call for the services of niftytilecleaning.com.au, as they are the best flooring agency that we know, however this kind of services are not in their speciality.

• Baller
Yeah, what's wrong with the carpet in a 5 year old boat? Go with the overlay from Skip. I have one in my 2008 196. Still looks good. Note: that stock carpet will wear really good but it will look flat. New will look flat in in a couple of months, so it that's your problem don't bother with replacement using similar stuff. Use decadance.