The Parsons Project Pineapple unboxing

Horton

• Administrators

@lakeaustinskier it is different. Without measuring I would say pineapple deeper with more volume.

For some reason people want to compare these two skis. I really don't think they are particularly similar.

• Baller

@horton you are just a total cold weather wuss...I mean c'mon...I've run 38 in a drysuit you can, too (or maybe not...won't know til you try)! It doesn't even sound like drysuit weather--a good Stokes and a cup of coffee is all you need. Does that MC of yours have a heater? Heated seats? I could get you a neo dive hood for Christmas.

We have real excuses in MN--like the water is frozen!

• Baller
Could you post pictures of the ski? I love the look of carbon done well. I think it makes the prettiest skis. I always wanted a Sans Rival, just because I thought it was the best looking ski I had ever seen. I am curious about the ski, because it is the biggest “unknown” in current releases and knowing how good the Nano One was, which everyone says was his design

• Baller
@Horton if you say "Yes it is really a V shape" I think that is why we are comparing it to the Denali, as my understanding is that's a V shape too. If you find them dissimilar I would be curious as to why? I have lots to learn about ski design and would be curious to know what I am missing here.

• Baller_
I watched Nick and Mike on the ski in September at Little Mountain, Nick at 36 and Mike at 34, I thought the ski looked great, and they both had good scores on it. When I wasn’t laughing at their antics, I was busy being impressed with the ski. I’d love to try one.

Lpskier

• Baller

So I guess I’m bored. I measured the concave depth of an XTR a 68 ion and my large pineapple. Both XTR and ion were almost the same at approximately 0.4 in. At its deepest point which for all three skis was slightly in front of front inserts.

The pineapple was 0.7 inches deep.

Crazy.