Any experience with the Syndicate 41 Tail Handle?

TB29

I'm in the market for a new rope and handle, and have been looking at the Syndicate 41 Tail handle. In the past I have used Radar handles which worked great, but this summer I tried out a Masterline handle and the grippiness of the handle was fantastic. It was much tackier than the Radar, and it was clear how much more I enjoyed that. Is there a chance that the Syndicate handle is tacky in a similar way?

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on one to try out before I order. Also, I would buy a Masterline, but I can get new HO and Radar equipment at a big discount so it's hard not to pass that up!

Thanks!

• Baller
Ask yourself this - which handle did you feel the most comfortable with? If you regularly have friends come in the boat with you get the on sale handles for that purpose. Is tour Masterline handle done, or does it still have some life left in it?

@Skoot1123 Well the Masterline isn't mine - I joined a small private club recently and one member I often ski with had the Masterline handle and let me try it out. I've always been okay with the less tacky Radar handle, but if the Syndicate is any tackier I would switch to that one.

• Baller

One of my observations and experiences is that higher end handles (which cost more of course) retain the tackiness throughout the summer. The rubber also has better adhesion to the aluminum bar (handle core). In the past I have had the rubber separate from the core and slip/slide (not from any of the MFG’s you listed).

Remember the only connection you have to the boat is through the handle, might as well make it a GREAT one.

• Baller

I have a 41 tail handle and it's been great. The rubber feels a bit different from masterline, but the grippy-ness has gotten better with age. After 3 seasons of use as my primary slalom and occasional jump handle, I've worn the rope down quite a bit, but no worse than I would've expected from any other brand. I will likely be replacing it with a new syndicate handle this year.

That being said, I've always liked every masterline handle I've ever used as well. The syndicate wins the price battle, and that is important to a collegiate skier like me.

• Baller
Masterline had/has some Custom handles that have engraving errors for $74.95 (reg. $134.95). Stock varies by width/diameter and I highly recommend calling them to place the order and do not use the website. I picked up a radius large diameter to see if it will help out my elbow pain:) The handle was a 13" but engraved as a 12"...no big deal to me for saving $60 on a high quality handle. https://www.masterlineusa.com/collections/masterline-specials/products/engraving-error-custom-handle