Ski for really tall guy

skibrain

• Baller

OK, Edit with a little more info:

Asking about a ski for son of a friend. I’ve pulled him before. He’s a recreational skier with a weak off-side turn. Never going to ski the course. Wants to make spray. Only skis 75’ long line.

Skier: 35 years old. 6’ 10” 225 lb on his college BBall roster. Tallest guy I’ve ever seen ski. Add 15-20 lb to that these days.

Currently recreationally skiing on a 68” KD7000 from 1998. Behind his dad’s 2010 Malibu LXi, he likes 36 mph, because he says he gets less spray in his face.

He thinks he wants a new 69” ski. Isn’t this guy the poster-child for a 71” Senate or 71” Omni? Size charts I see put him on the max. size ski.

Any other ideas?

• Baller_

for open water, he will want the 71 in the senate or the omni, being tall changes his center of gravity. while he can ski on a 68-69 more than likely with no problem, his lower back will start to hurt sooner. With his height he is up over the ski enough to make it turn.

also nothing wrong with skiing at 75' teaches better rope control, My dad used to make people free ski at 75 to prove they didn't have the line control that they thought they had. He used to free ski on rough days to work on it all the time when I was growing up @Clydesdale

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾