Down Swing - Acceleration Phase - Less Compressed

Murrski

• Baller

I really like the Pro Coach series videos @Luzz and @MarcusBrown are producing - thanks fellas! Excellent visual and discussion content IMO. I'm one of those skiers that definitely compresses too much prior to the first wake and very compressed after the absorbtion of the wakes leading to a delayed opportunity to get my COM over my knees and ankles in the transition. I feel like this is causing me to lose outbound direction and I'm also sacrificing handle control in that phase. I like how MB references at what point the top of the ski can be seen from the boat camera view to help identify pulling too long, too compressed or a combo of two.

I went back and reviewed my skiing videos after watching their breakdowns of Freddie, Cole, Allie & Brooke. I have been striving to get taller in my stack, less compressed and now I'm going to verify where my feet are with respect to the rope plane in the acceleration phase. I feel like I'm really trying to achieve many of those but my video from last Fall is proving otherwise. I guess my real question is - can I fully commit to those stance goals skiing behind an older boat that has bigger & stiffer wakes than what we see in these reviews with the pro skiers? Obviously they are skiing behind great boats. I'm skiing behind my 2000 MB-190, which I love but there's a pretty big difference. My opening pass is 34/22 and by late Spring - I'm getting a 2 or 3 at 35off but that's about where my wall has been for a couple years. I've run 35 one time in practice and got the glorious 1 at 38! I think I may have a mental barrier silently telling me if I get taller on my ski and COM forward more so I'm in an athletic stance, feet behind the rope in the accerlation phase - I'm going to superman out to the next buoy. I feel like I've got an agressive style but I think that translates to leveraging too hard in the cut, pulling too long because I'm slightly back on my ski and losing connection in the transition. I may have to try the "trim" technique MB highlights with Cole - lol.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated. I plan to visit with both MB and Terry this season for some coaching. I do have to admit my water time has been ridiculously limited the past couple seasons due to kids sports, coaching, work, etc. I'm done making those excuses and my boys, my wife and I are all committed to getting more time on the water this season! Fire away!

Disclosure... no I'm not going to post video - too damn embarrassed :blush:

• Baller
If a big part of your question is will dropping a wad of cash on a new boat really improve your count...... IMO that’s some kool-aid nobody should drink. Your coaching plans, focus, and time on the water will get you the results you seek. Buy gas.