Do you use ballast to level your boat? Or for trick wakes?

Horton

• Administrators
@The_MS I wish it was that easy. Somebody recently asked me why I wasn't calling on the lead bag companies and I told them they were crazy and then thought maybe I was wrong so now I'm running a poll.

• Baller_

@swbca, in the past we have gotten the bags from Action Watersports. We usually get the 50 pound bags. They have two heavy duty web strap handles (one on either end) and are a very heavy duty vinyl.

A Google search for lead shot bags brings up a few options, but not the ones we have.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I can ski or drive a boat that isn’t level, but if all I have to do is move a sand/lead bag, fill a ballast tank or ask someone to observe (always a safer plan anyway) why wouldn’t I?

I ski many lakes and boats. Not everyone has ballast. So, I have a 40lb bag that lives in my car, not kidding.

• Baller

I throw six of those 60lb. sand tubes into the bed of my pickup for winter traction. I just take a couple in the spring and put 'em in the boat. One in the bow and one in front of the pole that I can move from left to right depending on passenger girth. :)

• Baller
If the option for “pretty much always” had been there. Most of the time it’s me and my ski partner only. With just the driver it’s 45lbs plate under the passenger seat of the 196 and a 50lbs bag of sand almost to the left gunwale under the passenger seat. Drives easy and skis easy. I see some folks use 70lbs in the same boat. I guess me and my ski partner need to drop the bio-ballast.