What happened to the search feature in the forum?

Skichiro

• Administrators

Yeah yeah. So i have the basic, not the the super expensive subscription to this forum software. The search functionality was broken and I was not going to spend $10,000 to upgrade to the next subscription so unfortunately I downgraded to the most basic search.

The search on desktop works and for whatever reason there is no search in Mobile.

What led me to mess with this was when I discovered that doing a Google search for "panda BallOfSpray" worked a hundred times better than the search inside the forum.

there are a great many things I would change about this form software and or the entire site but it would cost many thousands of dollars with zero ROI

• Members

@oldjeep you wrote: "use the site: parameter - which restricts the search to a particular website"

I wonder if there is some sort of way to create a link function ("algorithm") on the BOS page that allows a field to be populated with one's search term (i.e., "panda") and then appends "site:ballofspray.com" to that search term -followed by a new page opening to the Google results for that search?

In other words, essentially piggyback on the existing Google functions "for free"...

• Administrators
for the moment there is a Google search box at the bottom of mobile. I do not really like it because it has google paid results at the top of the results. Whatever.