The misadventures of the Wednesday night crew

cougfan

• Baller

It is with much sadness that I inform you ballers that due to circumstances beyond our control that the Wednesday night crew will no longer be calling Bow lake our Wednesday night ski home☹️ We had a great run and a big shout out to Doug Spady for hosting us during our time there! But just like everything else time marches on and things change.

We have decided to take up the challenge of skiing a different lake / river each week. We will be traveling up and down the west side of the state looking for ski sites and will also travel over to the east side in search of flat water. Anyplace that we can ski and still be home that night is in the plans. There are many possible sites that qualify and we are looking forward to this new adventure / quest!

We plan on skiing locally on the weekends and traveling on Wednesday since 3/4 of the Wednesday night crew are available on that day (still need to find a fill in vet for @Rednucleus so he can join us)

We are also planning some week long trips to our favorite ski sites this year.

Anyone that has any suggestions for possible ski sites would be welcome! We are up for most anything

We will be posting our weekly outings so you ballers can track our progress.

Stay tuned!

• Baller_
@RichardDoane Over the last few years the lots on Bow have been sold, so now there is a nice community of home owners on the lake. Those sales decreased the time our group is allowed to use the lake. Our after ski dinner time was eliminated so we opted to try something new this year. We had several great years at Bow and are thankful for the time we were allowed to spend there!

• Baller

After taking last Wednesday off due to the heavy amount of liquid sunshine the Wednesday night crew was back at it this week minus @Rednucleus ☹️. krt2s1jmsdiw.jpeg

qaoctt304hff.jpeg

skib2d0688l1.jpeg

gx3cf8i174og.jpeg

2dqq79ektbeq.jpeg

eaz8xjulxv6n.jpeg

6kodl1ybcoo9.jpeg

ski76prs630c.jpeg

xibpltkwxt9k.jpeg

Still need to find a vet willing to fill in for him on Wednesday ? We skied Campbell lake on Fidalgo island which is near Oak Harbor the home of Naval Air Station Whidbey which explains the numerous Navy planes flying overhead all day plus the Navy helicopter that came over and hovered above the lake. Pretty cool to see the spray rising from the lake caused by the rotors.

Back to skiing Doug and I free skied for 5hrs with Doug mixing in a couple of barefoot sets while Ken was our designated driver due to his recent hand surgery☹️ Doug and I even skied a set for @Rednucleus 15off @32

Weather was sunny 56 few clouds and the water was very comfortable upper 40’s

Next week another lake another adventure

• Baller

Cool thread about waterskiing and friends!

No World ranking BS.

No Zero Off BS.

No tournament fees BS.

No Covid BS.

Just plain fun,waterskiing,good food and friends!!!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

3/4 of the Wednesday night crew were back at it yesterday minus @Rednucleus ☹️. We skied lake Samish located just south of Bellingham. We were able to use the dock of my son-in-law’s grandfather as our home base many thanks?. The water conditions weren’t ideal but we made the best of it. Even found a course set up on one end of the lake. No PB’s were set but it was good to chase the balls for the first time this year! Beautiful scenery as a backdrop for our skiing. Finished things off with lunch at my house. BBQ elk steaks, mashed potatoes and homemade split pea with ham soup was on the menu. Felt almost like a true Wednesday night ? just need to get @Rednucleus to join us sometime (still looking for a vet to hire so he can have Wednesday’s off) next week lake Whatcom. Stay tunedyx9aelt6ic95.jpeg

fj54nzd8l2ph.jpeg

cg2i521ljnom.jpeg

qiklvyotlz0y.jpeg

c28m2k3dvvv8.jpeg

hcnhpu095b2g.jpeg

gawoahg0h8xc.jpeg

nr58s0kkz0ve.jpeg

9tbdcs1ax27d.jpeg

yub4qgwair1a.jpeg

hdadzy0q6t1o.jpeg

obakj2whk56z.jpeg

66fkca4sofnq.jpeg

b7q00mak9bhw.jpeg

• Baller

This week as promised 3/4 of the Wednesday night crew skied lake Whatcom near Bellingham (no @Rednucleus ☹️) we skied in the am and had good water for most of our time. The lake is very long with fantastic scenery and some beautiful homes. Doug was able to try out his new barefoot suit! Had a great day on the water with 2 of my 3 best friends! Finished things off with a Cinco de Mayo lunch at Doug’s. Had tongue tacos, pulled pork tacos, chips and salsa and a few Coronas. Next week staying local with a trip to Big lake. Stay tuned

PS sorry @Rednucleus that you couldn’t join us the tongue tacos were excellent no room left even for a thin mint?r4eg3w0rdo0l.jpeg

jdae8podgehw.jpeg

vlglpx6a4dw5.jpeg

iphbmfivkawp.jpeg

0bvp5zeacc90.jpeg

49yaj4u9p45s.jpeg

kjcpau5m2jt2.jpeg

maebpdf32c4a.jpeg

ctldkketodf5.jpeg

ac6kl8we3x1b.jpeg

kap5zmjroo1z.jpeg

th1pcph4voeh.jpeg

lk61f5j3ph5w.jpeg

58yf68fdrtby.jpeg

dz096d5qknk4.jpeg

jae2e6q93kg4.jpeg

t39bvfgttpde.jpeg

1ldwnl2rs1jp.jpeg

• Baller

Well after skiing Big lake last week without much fan fare 3/4 of the Wednesday night crew ventured to lake Cavanaugh today (no @Rednucleus ☹️) we were met with some great scenery, snow on the hills above the lake and blustery winds making for a poor day of skiing☹️ We decided to cut our losses and headed home early but will try this lake again sometime in the future as it looks like a great place to ski with the right water conditions. Stopped by Big lake on the way home and found water conditions no better so called it a day. Next week we are planning to try lake Samamish if we can make it through the traffic to get there. Wish us luck and stay tunedbr6c8bb9alnp.jpeg

76jpepsao957.jpeg

6mpld70874wr.jpeg

qgar27ia8iho.jpeg

wfi52gh2t9cz.jpeg

2i3rffh8fl81.jpeg

jxrvo9a3c6u4.jpeg

ytxrlea15n5j.jpeg

• Baller

So the Wednesday night crew minus @Rednucleus who was doing vet things changed things up this week. Instead of skiing lake Sammamish as promised we decided to stay local as the weather didn’t look good enough for a road trip.

We skied 4 different lakes Wednesday. Started with Lake Erie a small lake near Anacortes that was long enough for 12 turns each way.

Moved to Campbell lake ( the lake with the big island in the middle) next. Much bigger

Stopped at Bastion brewery for lunch where we tried their BBQ. Had ribs, brisket, pulled pork and smoked turkey along with collard greens, coleslaw, fries and corn muffins with honey butter and of course beer

Next up was Big lake where we skied til a bunch of other boats showed up

Moved to Clear lake where we were the only boat on the lake and had excellent water conditions. Doug was finally able to do some footin

We also saw a different pair of bald eagles at each lake!

Another epic adventure!

Next week the weather looks good so we will make our trip to lake Sammamish as promised. Stay tunedi0ci8ezgwxpm.jpeg

b8ibx41uhskd.jpeg

3qdu8rsv6ix2.jpeg

cjm04swakawp.jpeg

do39iiuzmz7z.jpeg

j8eaupykmpdk.jpeg

dqqhblzkyzf0.jpeg

jmaue75k11gv.jpeg

xq0mnaofr64d.jpeg

eohcbpefx1vd.jpeg

lab47bhna0wv.jpeg

bgjraeggyj9g.jpeg

s8d1weg9l2r7.jpeg

uf1uw7hwrjg4.jpeg

h7ssi8bqd2zv.jpeg

qe2b7b6kxbv0.jpeg

9vv0vw8rm9ho.jpeg

gwke3whv6dct.jpeg

dkcda28p6nn4.jpeg

w4kjcxm0aa0h.jpeg

2dpvb99y95mq.jpeg

klox1s8wdvyy.jpeg

q7900h1b3u0i.jpeg

lp1rgmi0e56j.jpeg

tskini6lz5un.jpeg

c9mgci4p6cad.jpeg

rpfnfzdme6t7.jpeg

q3r57tl43dc9.jpeg

• Baller

As promised the Wednesday night crew took our show on the road to lake Sammamish yesterday minus @Rednucleus who will join us in 2 weeks for our annual lake Curlew trip. We had great weather not a cloud in the sky temp high 70’s to low 80’s and water conditions were excellent. We even found a course at the north end of the very large lake so we chased some bouys for awhile to break up our free skiing marathon. Had a picnic lunch on the water of pickled eggs, oyster shooters, smoked brisket sandwiches, potato salad, coleslaw, chips, strawberries and chocolate chip cookies. What a great day!!! Next week we are returning to lake Cavanaugh to try our luck on find smooth water as we were blown out on our last trip. Stay tuned?1e2bdt0wbtya.jpeg

r5d5jwm6d5kk.jpeg

pe1xnneknqoo.jpeg

8r5h2amlu1uo.jpeg

hwxej1cdphd8.jpeg

jbpj6syze51x.jpeg

j3m664xebpaw.jpeg

aiwfawdvmjjg.jpeg

36qjxsxahib3.jpeg

gzs0aimyv0ri.jpeg

djm8gxl8py7h.jpeg

e7wnffn1znei.jpeg

vrtxp19yzg6e.jpeg

• Baller
You guys rock. I've been exclusively a course skier for 30 years. But I remember just going out on the big lake ripping it up, making spray. So much fun. Keep doing this thread with pics. What a great way to spend an afternoon and evening. I enjoy the weekly update.