Is the Nautique 200 all that?

HollieMac

Looking at a newer boat, hoping for your comments on the 200. I live in North Central Ohio and won't get a chance to ski one unless I buy one. Anyone have experience with a boom on a 200? I like to swing out from the boat on a short line, so wondering how the side spray is there. All opinions welcome

• Baller
Have a bare footing buddy who has access to a 200, but when using a boom, claims there is a ton of spray from the bow. He went so far as to add an extension on the boom to avoid the spray on the 200. He much prefers my 196 when using a boom.

• Baller
I've used the boom on a 200. It works fine. If it has a bimini you may have to discount that side. The spray Mark is referring to can be fixed by leveling the boat. I also swing out from a running start plus tumble ups and deep starts. You will be fine. Problem is finding a 200. They are bringing top dollar.

Thanks! I'm sure unsure now! But that's what I needed to know. Thanks for your input. Mark does your buddy have more than two buddies in the boat?

It's just me on the boom, and my 200 lb husband in the driver seat, is it a bow rise thing or port side leveling?

• Baller

@HollieMac Not trying to dispute skierjp as he knows all things correct craft, but my footing buddy typically has only a driver in the boat with the 200. We went out and footed the other day with 3 people in my boat and the footer on the boom with no spray. He was doing back deeps and tumble ups. I am not much of a boom guy, just long line, and have not experienced a 200 on the boom.537clcrcnzf0.jpg

I will admit, my 196 wake even with a 100 foot rope has a rather turbulent table for wake crossings, but it is tolerable.

• Baller
It will be port side leveling but you can always move the Hydro Gate into trick mode and see what happens. Also to make driving easier for holding speed put Zero Off in Trick mode and run the speed to 39mph or what ever speed you like.

Thank you for your great comments. so cool to hear from other footers too. Great pictures! Thanks! My favorite thing to do is shortline, and I have size 6 feet, so when I jump out, if there is hard spray there, it's quick to take a foot away. When I let go with one hand to grab the handle, I want easy water. And I like to keep swinging, til I drop, it's just the best feeling in the world. I like to shortline at 36. Might have to do 33 early in the season to get my feet broken in. That usually only takes a couple weeks. Rarely is our water clean enough for shortlining. We have a lot of logs until the storms are over in August. So I do a lot of booming. I get the ski out when it's not clean enough to foot.

Is the 200 a great slalom boat or is the 196 better, just for fun?

• Baller
I don't barefoot, but I ski behind a 196 and a 200 quite a bit. The 196 definitely has more spray. It really depends upon your speed and the load in the boat. I'd think that the 200 would be a great boat for your needs. While, both have great, amazing and awesome slalom wakes, I'd give the 200 a slight edge for longline. Past 28 it's just amazing. To go back to the title of this thread, the 200 definitely is all that.