For sale! Pickos Ski Lake home 5 minutes from beautiful beaches ? World class skiing!

NikolG

• Baller

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/fl/santa-rosa-beach/51-trick-circle/pid_40998284/

Just listed today and had to share....won’t you be my neighbor?! What a shame if a non-skier swoops this up! This area is EXPLODING and the price reflects the growth of 30A. Contact Elizabeth at 1(832) 410-7934. You won’t be disappointed and wives will be thrilled: best skiing, shopping, dining and stunning beaches ? Not to mention the nicest, most coveted and talented coaches! 30A is incredible...not enough words to describe it.

• Baller
@dvskier @RAWSki Cory owns all three lakes, homeowners have no access or rights to any of the lakes. Yes you can ski through Cory’s ski school. The area is awesome and the beaches are great. That home is not lake front, across the street. The price is a little high for that size home, but everything down there is expensive. I would love to have a place down there. I will be there next week to work the Masters LCQ tournament.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller_
FL = HUGE sellers market with high prices. People are pouring in to be free of liberal states. According to a radio interview with a realestate agent, a buyers market is six months worth of home inventory for sale. A sellers market is 3 months. FL is currently at 3 weeks. Apparently a good time to be an agent in FL.

• Baller
@Wish - good time to sell your own house and skip the agent. My folks sold their place in Naples to a neighbor after mentioning they were going to sell. Neighbor bought it as a place to store a couple or his collector cars and rent out the living space. Never even went on the market. That property does seem like crazy money for a tiny house even in todays market.

• Baller
Seems pretty high for the situation. You're not buying into a ski community. You'll just live close and even can't see the water. If you want to ski it's pay like everyone else, I suppose. I think I'd buy somewhere else nearby without paying for the supposed amenity of living on a private ski lake. Like @ScottScott said.

• Baller

@ScottScott @LeonL on the other hand, if you are a water skier and like having a place to water ski while spending time at the world’s best beaches, this is the place. Cory does accommodate skiers who are there on a regular basis. He provides the boats and maintains the lakes/courses.

If you buy a house that is on a golf course, you don’t get to use the golf course and country club without paying for membership and use fees. If during development I had not insisted that the lakes be a separate piece of property and not controlled by homeowners, there likely would not be any water skiing on the lakes. There are plenty of lakes in the area, these are the only ones you can water ski on. When the original developers went bankrupt, Cory was able to negotiate with the bank to buy the lakes. It is a great facility and Cory has kept it alive for all of us to have access to.

Would I buy there, absolutely! Are the prices there outrageously high, absolutely! Try buying anything else in the area, it is expensive. The house that is for sale would make a great vacation cottage. And you are neighbors with some of the best water skiers in the world!

Mike's Overall Binding

• Baller
I'm currently looking to buy a home on a ski lake here in Florida. The market is insane. I won't comment about the price for this home, but the property taxes seem way off the mark (even for Florida). I wonder about the assessed value of that home and what the current taxes are based on. A sale at over $500k has to result in significantly higher taxes.

• Baller
We built our home on Cory’s lake in 2014. It was the best thing I’ve ever done for my skiing. I’m here about10 months a year and Cory and Adam have always been available to pull me anytime I show up at the dock. The coaching and driving are excellent. Cory doesn’t let any coach or driver in the boat unless they r one of the best. Cory or Adam provides the majority of the coaching. The slalom lake (lake 2) is almost impervious to any wind. My hubby especially appreciates not having to pull me—especially jumping. He knows that the Pickos team keeps this 72 year plopper safe. The neighborhood is safe with lots of kids. Just like most of the country, property values have really increased this year. More skiers is always better for the neighborhood!!!

• Baller

Santa Rosa median price is over $400 per SF and dozens of 5-10 million dollar homes within blocks of the lake. It’s priced to sell fast for the area, just hoping a lucky skier gets it! It’s an absolutely stunning area. While you’re not directly on the lake, you could throw a rock at it.

Such a unique site with the friendliest people, kids playing in the street and a neighborhood feel. I know my family gets a kick riding in the boat for Regina and their is a lot of culture with the many foreign skiers.

FYI No HOA and you pay per set, too convenient to have a boat and driver 7 days a week. Easy to AirBnB when you’re not there. We bought in October and if we could stay year round we would, despite our beautiful set up in California at Bell Acqua Lake 3, SRB is ridiculously safe, clean and gorgeous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepointsguy.com/guide/30a-florida-panhandle-beach/amp/

• Baller
Sorry @Kelvin @oldjeep Texas is great but not the same. Santa Rosa Beach and 30A is an awesome resort, beach vacation area. And you are going to pay to have a part of that.

Mike's Overall Binding

• Baller_

Can't build em fast enough here in the red neck Riviera.

It is a building boom right now from Pensacola to Mexico Beach.

I have a year old house since the hurricane Michale took out my old one. Wife and I considered selling as our new house is valued at double the old house however so has everything else in the area.

1 mile from the gulf, 20 min to either of the lakes we ski on...

• Baller
Really nice area. For practical, logistics and other reasons, we decided West Palm Beach. But a number of skier friends from Chile have houses in Santa Rosa, and are very happy with them.

• Baller
It’s set to go live on MLS tomorrow for 750k...ouch. No garage and needs A LOT of work, walked through it. Popcorn ceilings etc. Incredible views though and very charming. The listing last week (not on the lake) sold for over asking price the same day listed. ?‍♀️

• Baller

@NikolG .... Thanks for the info...Looks like they saw how much the other house sold for and are trying to capitalize on a high priced market...At 750K there is a complete ski lake just an hour NW selling for about the same price. That would be my choice !!

• Baller

Went and looked at the lake north of Milton with @The_MS. I actually skied with the guy that built it back in Northern Illinois 30 years ago!

It is def way out in the middle of nowhere and 4wd required after a rain but it is a beautiful lake!

• Baller
More than I can afford. If I can get a job where I work from home permanently I will fly to Orlando one weekend per month in the winter. Fly down on a friday night, ski saturday, fly home Sunday... I could afford it since I would be saving 8000 miles per year on my car driving to work.