Alternative fin and binding settings for a 67" Syndicate Omni?

DangerBoy

• Baller
A friend and ski buddy of mine is picking up a new 67" Syndicate Omni. He and a couple of his sons will ski on it. Of course, they'll set it up stock at first and see how they like the settings. I'm pretty sure they'll want to try some alternative settings if there are any out there just to see how they compare and if they like them any better. Has anyone got some good alternative setups they'd recommend trying on that ski? They ski around 32 mph. @savaiusini?

• Baller

We haven't really had much need to experiment with alt fin settings on Syndicate Omni. Stock numbers work REALLY well. If you felt the need to play around, you could try 6.970 - 2.450 - 0.740. I've tried them and had success, but still prefer stock.

Really though you'll get more from playing with the boot position as you are getting dialed-in to riding the ski. Try to start with 29.625"

Hope this helps!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

Thanks @savaiusini. I'm sure they'll be interested to try those settings. It sure seems like it's a popular ski. Up in Canada the season hasn't even started but my friend had to pull the trigger on this ski now in order to get one while there was any in stock. It was the last one left! :o

Fortunately for me, it's the size I need so I will get to try it. Yes! :p That is one ski I've been very curious to try for a while.

Those guys are coming off a Radar Union so I expect the Syndicate Omni will be a big step up performance-wise. I ski on a 2015 V-Type so performance-wise the two skis should be fairly similar but they may ride a lot differently. I can't wait to try and find out!!

• Baller
Only thing I had was that the screw thread for the DFT setting was not tapped into the fin box deep enough to get to factory. I had to remove the fin box and use a Dremel to relieve the channel in front of the adjuster screw in order to achieve factory DFT. I suspect a worn tap.