Should I be concerned?

90kacoupe

• Baller
Return straight away , ask for replacement, you paid for a new ski, a new unmarked ski is what you should have received, any decent store would of checked it over before shipping ,to cover themselves as well as you, unless the damage occured during shipping , but you still have consumer rights, you are entitled to have a new ski, do not accept the offer of money off.

• Baller
I don't expect any problems. The dealer is a sponsor of this forum. My only concern is a replacement not being available at this time. I have reached out to them, and they are looking into it, and I should be contacted soon about how it will be resolved.

• Baller
jjackkrash- The dealer is working on getting it taken care of. That is why I did not post any names. I was just asking if it was something to be very concerned about. So far the dealer has been great to work with. I have zero complaints. I understand stuff happens. I work as a manufacturing engineer in a high volume facility (7 million pieces a day).

• Baller

@90kacoupe I lost almost $2k because did not bring up issue with crack like yours immediately upon receiving the ski.

It fell apart after few passes and manufacturer told that it is my fault.

Claim & change if u can

• Baller

My concern has come true. The 71" ski is sold out for the year.

1. So its either send it back and get a freeride (which I'm worried I'll out grow quickly).

2. Look at what Radar has to offer for a crossover ski for a fat guy.

3. Accept the ski with a discount.

I knew Performance Ski would try to make it right. But now I have to figure out how to go about this...

• Baller
To be fair, most manufacturers and outlets, want a good result for their customers and will try and resolve issues to the customers satifaction, it only becomes sketchy when they think somebody is trying to pull a fast one, knowing the water skiing community, I would think these occurrences are quite rare.

• Baller

Jay- that is a great find. Idk why I didn't look on there.

I got clearance from the wife, that if they will discount the upgrade to a Carbon Omni, then I will do that. If not I'll look at getting a refund and picking up the ski on Ski-it-again.

Performance Ski has been perfect through dealing with this. I don't want anybody to think this is a negative post about them.

• Baller

I just wanted to update this. Mike at Performance Ski has been great to work with and we have come to a resolution. I am upgrading to the Carbon Omni at a discount. I appreciate their efforts to take care of this. I'm glad I purchased through them. I'm glad they are a sponsor of the forum!

Thank you everybody for weighing in on if this is something I should be concerned about or not. I didn't want a ski that would fall apart quickly.