Front Reflex: Using T-Factor back instead of Leverage

ral

• Baller

For years I have used a back Leverage with my front Reflex. Although I do not fully tighten the overlay, I still get a sore back foot in summer with hot water in my last passes.

Anyone can advise on pros/cons of using a back T-Factor in the back?

• Baller

The leverage works similar to the Wiley for me, with the advantage of the laced overlay (older stlyle, which I have “on stock…). I had a Wiley for some time, but pressure felt the same in summer.

• Baller

[posed this in another thread but more pertinent here]

I've been on a Radar with Vapor boots for a few years. Just got a Goode XTR CC and decided to go with the Reflex Supershell in the front, R-style in the rear. I really wanted it to work but I can barely get up on it and can't turn it worth a damn!

This week I skied the course with the Vapor boots and ran deep into 35 off, next day tried the Reflex setup and couldn't run 22 off (and that was with the binding uncomfortably tight). I used to ski with an RTP as a kid but that was many years ago. Kinda wondering if there is something deficient in my skiing that I can't ski this R-style.

The reason for the switch - I never release with the Vapors so I was looking for something that would provide that level of safety. In fairness, I've never gotten injured with the Vapors but I'm not getting any younger and figure it's a matter of time. I'd go with the double Goode setup but I have wide feet (D) so that won't work, and I don't want a high wrap because my foot will cramp.

Thoughts?

• Baller
@jeidmann The problem is not necessarily with the r style, switching from a vapor style boot to a hardshell boot such as Reflex can be extremely difficult. If you like the vapor boots, I can set you up a MOB release system that uses that boot. Boot style and fit is very much a personal preference. Use what you like and what is comfortable, use a MOB release for safety.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

I just switched from double Tfactors to a Reflex front and kept Tfactor rear. I don't tighten the rear up ever and have not had any issues. YET! but the stupid velcro strap keeps coming off when I'm in the course. So Annoying!!

• Baller
@Lafaver , does the rear T-factor cramp at all your back foot, or do you get the same sensation/pressure than with the Reflex (meaning it is not an issue and could be a long time on it even in hot water)?