Rope protector

Killer

• Baller

Anyone have a home made solution for rope bridal protection?

Have a new masterline handle that i didn't get the rope protector on but it's already starting to Frey after a dozen sets.

Is there a tape or plastic I can manipulate?

• Baller
If you have a fid and know how to re-tie the loop, it's pretty simple to open up the loop and add the tubing. It's generally just 1/2" OD tubing with a couple of 1/2" bolt/rod caps (with a 1/4" hole punched in the ends). Just measure before and after to hit the right length.

• Baller

I use duct tape. Copied idea from others.

Looks a little strange. Works great. Just re taped part this week after 1.5 year or so I think.

I did up the game and use blue tape that matched the handle rope.

As least i assume you are talking about fraying on the v part from ski edge during pull ups.

• Baller_
I have a theory supported by no data that ropes with fray wraps create a bigger target for your head to go through. Unless it happens to hit the water exactly flat, if you have a handle with a three inch finger guard it’s likely to fold on impact and leave no target for your head. If you have a fray wrap, the handle won’t fold and will become a target for the unlucky. If you have a 13” handle with a fray wrap, you have an even bigger target. Same thing with a US Gear style handle. Again, I have no data to support this theory, it’s just my opinion.

Lpskier

• Baller

Lol. Not filing my ski...

I usually get the carbon handle from masterline but they hAd a great deal on handles this year with funky custom names so I jumped on it.

100mph tape might just be the ticket. Thanks ?