For Sale: 1996 Prostar 190

HMan66

• Baller

Its hard to value boats with crate swaps. Most people sort of expect a boat to come with a working engine so you tend to eat about half the new engine cost sometimes more.

That said I can see a 205 going for a lot. There still arent many boats out there that tick all those boxes.

• Baller
@skihacker and I’d agree with that, but two other owners put 935 hours on it before I bought it. I found a few indicators of poor maintenance after the fact. I have taken excellent care if it since I bought it. Anything that wasn’t right has been repaired or replaced.

• Baller

Then be forth coming and honest if there is nothing to hide?

If you said that in your ad, as a buyer, I might continue to read. If someone just said it is a new motor without any details I assume it was because of neglect.

If you were looking at a car with 75,000 miles and it had a new engine put in, wouldn't you want to know why?

• Baller
@BrennanKMN that's also a great point, and I have been very forthcoming with any interested buyers and have answered all their questions honestly. Neglect is one issue, failure of an internal part is another. I bought a Chevy Tahoe last year with 150k miles. 2 months later I had to spend $4K because a valve lifter failed even though the CARFAX showed regular maintenance on the vehicle. I've only owned the boat 4 years and I think I put a lot of information in the ad of the repairs I have done since I've owned it and I have nothing to hide about the boat. It was even inspected by a Mastercraft dealer the week before the motor let go and they gave the boat a clean bill of health.