New Syndicate Omni

Morg

• Baller
Howdy, Just picked up a 2021 67" Syndicate Omni. This is replacing my 2010 HO S1. I will be putting my Radar Strada front & rear boots on the ski. I am 5'11" @ 190lbs. Usually free skiing @ 15' off, 36mph. But hoping to get some more course time. Looking for any input on setup other then HO stock settings.

• Baller
@Morg, I asked this exact same question for the exact same ski maybe a month back because a friend bought one and all I got was the exact same answer, go stock except @savaiusini also suggested trying stock fin setup with the front boot moved up 1/8th inch from stock. It appears HO nailed the stock fin setting on this one as no one suggested anything else might be better. Makes things easy. ;)

• Baller
@BraceMaker , I went back & forth with this a bunch. Almost went with the Omega. As I mentioned I free ski most of the time, with this I am not in the best water most of the time. In chop I will slow down to 34-35. And with wanting to ski more bouys I am plannng on starting out @ 34.

• Baller
@Morg Congrats on the new ski! Stock fin settings are really good as others have already stated. However, at your weight, I probably would not recommend 36mph on the 67 Omni. Top end is really 34mph for that ski at your weight. If you're newer to skiing the course, you'll likely want to slow the boat down anyway. My 3 cents! Enjoy!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
@DangerBoy, I saw this thread. And was thinking the same thing. I have size 14 feet and as such running an x-large boot. With double boots been wondering how this might effect, if any on boot location. @savaiusini any input?