Ski-Dock Orbit - the Cell Phone mount spins freely on rope tracking disk

swbca

• Baller_

Just received a Ski-Dock Orbit The camera mount spins around freely unrelated to where the skier is ? There is no friction or latch or set screw to stop the camera mount from spinning around if bumped or in the wind or taking some random direction when the skier catches a little slack.

The device is so simple . . maybe that's why I don't get it.

• Baller_

YES - but the bolt that connects the knob to the mount runs into a dead end before the orange cylinder is tightly sandwiched between the knob and the mount.

It came with a newer version of the cell phone mount . . maybe they didn't check to see if it was threaded deep enough to work with the other parts. I have no way to know if I received the first shipment of the newer cell phone mount . . . seems unlikely but the bolt is too long or the cellphone mount threads are not deep enough.

• Baller_
UPDATE . . I guess I was the first buyer to get the newer Cell Phone Mount. They suggested using a washer to offset the threads in the cell phone mount being too short. That worked, putting a stainless steel washer above the knurled knob.

• Baller_

@Zman Yes the large rubber washer/spacer is there. He didn't know his new Cell Phone mounts didn't work without adding a washer. I guess its a niche market, not selling hundreds a day.

The Cell Phone mount is very good. Very solid, no hinging, ball joints or low force rotation. It won't move when someone bumps it changing rope lengths.