If you don't win the Action Prostar

UWSkier

• Baller
That is my buddy's boat. He just traded it in for a new 2021 prostar. It has around 500hours. It says sale pending because the dealer has "sold" it 8 times now with every buyer unable to secure financing for it. If you walk in with cash its yours.

• Baller
@WIRiverRat Really, how does that happen? Someone walks in to buy a boat, finds one, both parties agree on a price, THEN the buyer goes to get money for it, only to find out no one will give them any? I'm pretty ignorant of things like this, but that sounds insane. Especially to see it happen 8 times!!! I actually feel sorry for the dealer.

• Baller
I know the dealer very well. He is pretty tired of the sale of this falling through. The process is quite a bit like buying a car. You go in to the dealership you find your car, agree on price and then go to the financing guy (assuming you didn't get pre approved from your own bank). They go a run a credit check and find out you can't qualify for this boat. He said a lot of people are trying to use their stimulus cash to buy a boat but that only goes so far. As soon as he puts it back up for sale he usually has a call on it within a day. Boat sales are crazy right now. I think they have a total of about 3 boats on their lots right now.