Need help with fin angles ( 41 @ 36 without a wing!)

• Baller

Hey guys I got rid of the wing like 3 weeks ago and it has been life changing to me.

haven't heard of anyone tried it before so I decided to try different stuff and that was one of the changes and 39s and 41s turned to be easier and easier on my body aswell.

• Baller
No surprise to me and always wondered about the wing rollocks. All us old farts are wondering about fin depth, length, wing angle etc as if its written as a must in the bible. When I was 19, i skied without a wing, with a wing, with a wing but different angle - all at 36 and really, it made not a lot of difference. Back then, for us weekend skiers, a wing would help with certain aspects - deceleration for example into the buoy, but at a trade off for drag. l'll tell you what a wing did do at our lake - picked up the weed a lot at the drop ins. Mind you this was going back when I was on a Comp 1 then a EP Tactic and even a LaPoint MasterCraft and the wing was not standard, so i fitted a retrofit one. Moving on a bunch of years, I took the (standard) wing off my 2014 vapor and the ride was weird, no where near as stable as the EP's back in the day