Any snowbirds want to rent my ProStar in Florida this winter?

jcamp

• Baller

Throwing a trial balloon out here ... would anybody be interested in renting my 2015 ProStar in Florida this winter?

Paying $1,000 to wrap and store my boat for 7 months - and not being able to use it at all during that time - strikes me as a huge waste of a valuable asset. So, I'm thinking about renting it to some snowbirds who will be spending the winter in Florida so I could get some return on my investment, and more importantly, be able to use it some myself.

I realize there are a lot of things to hammer out, like insurance, appropriate payment (flat fee vs. per hours used?), how many hours would be put on it, the sharing of maintenance costs, etc., but I'm thinking the arrangement might look something like this:

I'd get the boat to Florida in the fall and pick it up in the spring

One stipulation would be that it is available to me to come and use 2-3 times over the winter (ideally, we'd ski together!)

It would need to be kept in a secure location

The renters would be well vetted and a part of the water ski community

Anyone interested? Open to ideas and suggestions.

• Baller
As an insurance agent, you need to be careful, and have an arrangement that is not a rental. You need a friend to help you share costs and allows you to store your boat there during the winter. You also need to let your current insurance agent know where the boat is stored, and how it is secured. They will also need to know the drivers who have regular use/control of it.

• Baller

So this worked out better than I could have possibly imagined last winter, but unfortunately the person I partnered with bought a second boat to keep down in Florida full time so they do not need a boat this winter.

Anyone else in Florida interested in some kind of arrangement this winter? DM me and let's talk. Thank you.

• Baller
@dave2ball I knew it was for sale, but didn't know that it had sold. I think the deal was that Ruth's house and the Switzer's house were not part of the sale. I wonder if Stan and Donna retained ski rights. I know Stan is still skiing.

Jcamp, shoot me a text or give me a call. We might have an ideal situation. I just bought a place in Clermont I plan to stay at in the winter. I have a Mastercraft promo boat in CA. I don’t really want to drag it back and forth.

805-857-9870