How well does O'Neill stand behind their products?

DangerBoy

• Baller

I have an O'Neill Slasher vest that is 2-3 years but has only been used a small number of times (I only get to waterski ~3-4 weeks a year). The rest of the time the jacket hangs on a clothes hanger in a closet.

A couple weeks ago, I had a hard fall when I stuck the tip crossing the wake. The jacket zipper blew apart and the jacket almost came right off me. Not exactly confidence inspiring or what you want to have happen in a hard fall. The zipper teeth on both sides are undamaged but the part that goes up and down and zips them together blew right off so now the jacket is rather useless because it can't be zippered up anymore. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in how not robust the zippers on these jackets are. I only ski at 30 - 32 mph, not 36.

I can't remember where I got this vest but I know I bought it new from somewhere when I got it. Most likely I bought it on-line. It wasn't second hand. That, I know for sure. I'm almost 100% sure I won't be able to find any paper receipts for the purchase but I might be able to find something in my email archives that could show where and when I purchased the jacket.

I can take it in to some local shop to get the zipper fixed when I get back home from the cabin but I'm wondering how O'Neill stands behind their products and if this is something they might remedy just out of a commitment to quality and standing behind their products. I figure there are many on this forum who have had many more dealings and experience with O'Neill and would know how well they stand behind their products and would be likely to react to my situation.

• Baller_
In my experience with both O'neil products and customer service is that they are the gold standard. Yes, their waterski business is a fraction of what they do, but its a top notch company. Call or email their customer service and I suspect you will get rapid resolution.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding