2022 ho skis

Roundrobin20

When do the 2022 skis come out for HO? I’m looking at getting a new ski just wondering if I can wait until the next model year comes out, thanks.

• Baller

looks like a new lower tier Omega Max is the Carbon construction with the softer core. No Syndicate Omni.

Maybe some refinements to the Pro and Omega shapes.

I think a Carbon Omega Max would be a very nice match for a lot of skiers. Blank carbon omni are sub 700

• Baller

Hi @mike_mapple

Thanks for reaching out but being from the great white north and access to the border still restricted it does not pay for most of us Canadians to shop new skis in the USA.

I have a NRG R2 shipping out today on the D3 dealer demo program to try something different. At my weight I can ride the R2- 67" from 30mph right up to 36mph. This speed range was my primary reason for the interest in the Omega Max as my regular 34-36 mph ride is the Omega and I was hoping to keep the same feel at the slower speeds.

Besides if I don't support our local pro shops one day they will be gone which would be sad.

• Baller

@Drapes85 The S1Pitts refers to a aerobatic biplane -Its kinda like Andy Mapple - The GOAT

I have recently relocated to Christina Lake BC, where this addiction all started for me 50+ yrs ago.

The R2 feels like quite a departure from the Denali C65, 2016 Lithium Vapor and Omega I have been skiing the last few years. I have been trying different fin settings/boot placements but I think the problem has more so been me. When I am on point it is absolute heaven and feels effortless. I have found it to be more sensitive to fin changes than the others.

The build of the ski is fantastic. Just the look of it beams quality. I expect it will hold up for many seasons.