Ski Lakes (Course or Open) near Daytona Beach, FL?

Mastercrafter

• Baller
I have the opportunity to keep a boat at a friends house near Daytona beach for the winter. I know the place to be is Okeeheelee or in the Orlando/Winter Haven area, but looking for other options and opinions because drive time may be a deal breaker. Is the Butler Chain or Lake Weir my best bet? Recommended public lakes with courses? @Cnewbert may I ask where you ski?

• Baller
Lake Weir and Butler are about an hour and 1/2 from daytona. but that may be your best shot at a public lake with course. St Johns river is good for free skiing, Ed Stone Park is a good place to put in thats maybe just over 1/2 hour from Daytona beach, there are multiple places to put in between lk george and sanford, fun to cruise the river and visit silver glenn springs.

• Baller_
The butler chain has two courses on it, IDK who maintains them now, but I can tell you as a 10 year old it was me who got to put it in, and replace buoys with milk jugs when we didnt have spares, last I heard both are in great shape though. If you are going to drop into the butler chain the keens point ramp is going to be your best option, from the ramp head to lake tibet the first course is the far side from the canal you will go through.

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller
@mike_mapple I use pocket often (and usually end up replacing a ball or 2 when out there....last sunday had to replace 4.) Not sure who else frequents it (I hear often of Jarome, but haven't met him.) I'm never out when Tibet is usable, but someone uses it (it was in better shape than pocket last weekend.) There is also a course on lake down. I don't get up that way often, but last I saw it wasn't being maintained. RD Keene ramp is the only public ramp. I guess some people still use conroy rd and park at post office....I know they do tow people that park at publix.