Keep it in, or take it out?

Garn

• Baller
I'm talking about my Syndicate hardshell boot!! I almost never take the hardshell of my boot out of the binding. I just pull the liner out. And then slide my foot in with the liner on. About the only time my boot isn't in the binding is if I take a hard fall and the binding releases my boot. But other then that, it stays in the binding. But reading a previous thread someone said how they never leave the hardshell in the binding so its not under constant tension. I never even thought of that. Does that matter? Should I take the boot out of the binding when it is not being used?

Agreed. It's a good ideal to keep tension off all the components when not in use. Just helps the life of them. I've been in hardshells for 20 years and have had a few bindings break on me. Lucky me, no injuries. My old Silvretta 404 broke at the crossbar weld once and another time sheared the pivot rivet off from the mounting plate. Another time the spring got rusty and broke. The culprit is usually rust fatigue. Any sign of rust on the mounting rail, I put a new coat of paint and replace that small M4 pivot screw that holds on my Reflex 840 annually. Both cheap insurance.