I'll say it, "Nautique wakes suck at some speeds/lengths" - anyone disagree ?

RichardDoane

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Interesting @The_MS I have skied the Malibu as well at 34 and don't find it tough. 22'-35' But I know several people that have to ski the Txi slower experience the "launch effect". I also wonder if fuel level might have an adverse effect because it is listed at 40 gallon capacity??

• Baller
Over the last 3 years the TXI's have improved in wake and in feel of the pull, by far the 21's are good amd I AM NOT a Malibu guy....yes the bump at 28 is the most pronounced of the 3 but is totally fine and skaible...they all are, stop ridin flat...

• Baller
Not a Nautique guy. I skied the 2020 ski nautique this weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the wake it put out.from 22-35@34. Convinced me more than ever, that it is highly dependent on many factors and that they are very inconsistent. There are good ones and bad ones, This one was a keeper.

• Baller

@rayn I disagree on the good ones bad ones. If this is the only one you skied behind you are letting others influence your decision. Most any of these concerns are either related to improper skiing position, lack of knowledge of the boat, or the boat has not been set up properly. There are many factors from all 3 manufacturers that can effect a boats ski ability. Almost all issues can be solved if the right person sets the boat up.

Glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience.

• Baller
Even back in the old days boat owners would tweak their boats. A friend of mine bought one of Sammy Duvall's persoal jump boats from MasterCraft. I'm thinking a 1984. The boat had so much bondo on the bottom it was crazy. The back of the boat would come clear out of the water on a power slide. The wake looked like a jet boat.

• Baller

I guess i was thinking as far as Nautiques were concerned. 97-09 not much. Yes some minor weight balancing, acme 422 pretty much for all except 6 litre - 668 and your good to go

For slalom anyway. And i am sure thats what most of us are dealing with