Please compare wakes of 2014-2020 prostar vs. 2021+

escmanaze

• Baller

I’ve only skied the new once once and is was a mess so can’t comment. 14-20 is nice.

Should be the same wake. All that I believe was reported was they added the channel down the middle of the bottom to help w tracking.

I believe the rest of running surface is the same, so should ski the same.

The 21+ has some creature comforts that are really nice if you plan to have for a long time that would be worth considering.

Great boat. Huge inside. Get one.

• Baller

@Moskier3ev It's tough to imagine the trick wake getting better without the slalom wake, at least at like 24 or so getting worse.

Depending on just how slow and just how longline we are talking though, that tradeoff might be worth it if it gets good again around 26.

• Baller

@escmanaze The issue with the trick wake on the previous hull was a lack of definition - not necessarily the wake size.

Horton and I have the same feelings about trick... but from talking to some former world champions the new hull creates a trick wake with more definition at the peak or crest.

• Administrators
@Broussard the new shape at the center of the boat that helps with tracking presumably keeps the bow down a little more at trick speeds which in turn has changed the shape of the trick wake. Once the boat really gets further up on plane it's irrelevant to the wakes. ( educated speculation )

• Baller

@skimtb I'm no naval architect - nor have I studied the bottom of the two hulls side by side.

I'm not sure what the causation is for the improvement of the trick wake, but the consensus is that the crest or peak of the wake is more defined

• Baller

@Horton I'm not convinced that that is the cause since even with the MC trick system which added weight front to bring the nose down there was a lack of definition with the previous hull. (Comparing an unweighted 2021 to both weighted and unweighted '14-'20)

I would bet that it has something to do with how the water flows off the edges of the hull/tracking rails/etc. Not sure of the exact cause - again I'm not a naval architect.

Regardless the boat has a great slalom wake that is arguably just as good as the previous generation, drives worlds better, and as a bonus Eric Lee gets a better trick boat.