Front Zip full wet suit for skiing - recommendation?

swbca

• Baller_

I currently have a .5mm Stokes wet suit that goes just below the knee.

Need a warmer wet suit for skiing. Don't have the time to struggle with another rear zip. Any Recommendation for a full wet suit with front zip for colder weather and water ?

• Baller
The best full wetsuit I have ever had is a Camaro Black Tec 1.5. It is flexible - completely non restrictive - and warm. It allows a thin film of water to come in between the suit and your skin. That film warms rapidly to your body temp. It has no zippers. It is a little fragile. I have torn and patched mine. I can't remember what I used to patch it with - perhaps silicone - but it worked. The suit is soft to the touch and quite form fitting to your body shape. It is almost equal to a drysuit. Some prefer it to a drysuit.

• Baller_
I highly recommend the O'Neill Psycho suits. Yes most are back zip, but very warm and flexible and relatively easy to get into and out of. Don't even think about the chest zip version - its a bear to get into. You can get various thickness depending on your water temp. If your ski partner can't help you with a zip, you need a new ski partner:)

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
My son 6 ft. 147 no body fat has has a O'Neill Hyperfreek 2mm. You enter from the top and the newer materials make it easy to slide into. He also has a Camaro Black Tec 5 mm that has a rear zip but is also easy to slide into. I have an old O'Neil Epic 3/4 mm and it is hard to get into. We also have spring suits that are not as hard to get into. I feel the upper line suits and newer more expensive materials are worth the price as ease of entry and exit is a worth the price.

• Baller

I use a chest zip full 2mm wet suit by Xcel. They design these primarily for surfers. Had it for about 3 or 4 years now. They make their suits in intermediate sizes like medium short, medium, and medium tall that helps get a good snug fit. Very little water gets in. With their design, the front entry is pretty simple to get in and out, without help. The 2mm thickness keeps me warm for almost anything we get in south Alabama. It also has what they call a TDC liner they helps keep you warm, and helps a tight fitting suit slide on and off. When more than this 2mm wet suit is needed to stay warm, I take a much needed break from skiing.

Don't think they make this in full 2mm anymore, but they do have several suits in 3/2 that should be a tad warmer.

• Baller
Open cell vs closed cell is a big variable in warmth. Closed cell 2 mm and even 2/3 mm is not as warm as black tech 1.5 in the experience of the people I know. This results in a preference for the Black Tech over others.

• Baller_

Full wet suits you guys recommended with a front or chest zip are hard to find . . the few that exist are out of stock.

I am looking for something for underwater slalom course maintenance when water is 55-60 degrees. Not for skiing.

Has anyone heard of Henderson Thermoprene 3mm. They cater to casual divers more than other water sports. Its not conventional neoprene but has good user reviews on the various outlets that handle the product. Priced at $250.00, its not one of the low end Chinese branded suits you see on Amazon.

81s6yd9x0znj.png

• Baller

Well known company. Have never use there product.

Last I saw Trax outdoor store in Anchorage AK still had Oniell front zips; their on the internet. Also have a store in Fairbanks. Talk with Mike the owner if your interested.