Radar Senate Puzzle !

Stevie Boy

• Baller

So I have been wanting to change my ski and have tried many different manufacturers and ran passes on them, currently on a 67 2017 Vapor Pro, skiing at 32mph and truthfully probably a little heavy for the Vapor.

I actually brought a D3 NRG R2 67, Great Ski but compared to the Vapor I found it slow for me, so most people would think he ski,s on a Radar Vapor why not go to a Radar Senate, so here is the Puzzle, friends have let me demo their Radar Senate , 2018, 2019, 2020, some were stock setting but a few were not, for the Life of me, I just cannot ski on one and run passes.

What is going on !

• Baller

Post video seriously.

All kidding aside, Goode 9970: I’ve watched quite a few guys ride that ski. If their back foot hip drops into their offside turn, they are smoked. Ski is too narrow, it will slow too quick and then then have to jam it to keep moving. They are really good or they end up squatting and losing hips. Toast.

Every ski has quirks.

• Baller
@Stevie Boy : I had the same problem with the 2021 Senate Pro. I could never dial in the off side(lff) and I didn't like it in choppy water. I borrowed a 2017 Vapor pro and it was like "wow," the off side came back. I probably had 10 to 12 sets on the Senate, so mine is for sale if anyone is interested. It's a 67" . In fairness, my ski partner runs 35off/34mph and loves his Senate though he thinks it has taken him as far as it can go and is going to start looking at higher end skis.

• Baller
@jjackkrash anywhere between 180llbs and 187llbs, I think the 2020 and 2022 Vapors have a slightly bigger weight range, I will work to get the weight off this winter , one of the issues I have with 68 is that I am 5'6 tall, in saying that some people are starting to talk about not describing skis by length but more about describing them by surface area, after all, the bit at the front is just there to add balance.

• Baller

I know what you mean about offside turns. On my 2019 Senate, I need to be super deliberate about "stepping through" with my right hip to get it to really rail an offside turn on-demand. If I'm in bad shape off the second wake, it feels like climbing a hill to get into position to turn.

The 2022 Senate shape is a whole 'nother animal. That thing just freaking rails offside turns automagically for me. It turns the same whether I'm in perfect form or whether I'm a bit behind the ski and the front of the ski pulls in and points across the wake like it's attached to a bungee cord or something.

I'm 6'5" 245 riding a 69 at 34 MPH. Give it a try.

• Baller

@Horton That,s what it feels like, but I have friends on a 67 that are lighter, they are running short and deep with the boots a fair way back, I have a ski buddy who is heavy for the 67, he runs short and deep with his boots way forward, he is happy with it, but it doesn,t flow, when observing.

Currently sitting in front of a plate full of lettuce leaves and Tomatoes, I am thinking 175llbs and a Vapor is going to be just fine.

It,s going to be hard, I like tasty food, I am not a muesli type of guy.

• Baller
The weight range for the Vapor starts and 180 lbs. for a 36 mph skier. If you ski slower I suspect you might like it at 180-190 lbs. My boy sized up early to a 2022 (66") and is on the very low end of the weight range and he loves it; he also skis less than 36 most of the time (he is just getting into that speed). You never know a 68 inch might surprise you. My boy's new ski looks very stable and it turns like a banshee.

• Baller

I have been on a 67” 2018 Vapor Pro for the last 4 years. I ski at 32mph, my PB is 2@35off@32 I tired a 67” 2022 Senate Pro at the end of August. I was amazed at how comfortable the Senate felt on my first pass. I skied 2 28offs and it felt similar to my Vapor. I was unable to complete a 32 off pass.

Overall, the ski felt like it was riding higher on top of the water. I had to work a little more to get a good cutting edge from tun ball to center wakes. After the wakes I could not burn off my speed as I approached the turn ball like on my Vapor.

After the Senate test, I ordered a 2022 Vapor Pro. Very happy. It feels ver similar to my 2018 Vapor Pro, but It finishes onside and offside turns much better. I can carry speed after the turn back to the center without any turn stall. My 32 offs are now more consistent. I now have more space before ball 3 and 4 so my ball 5 and 6 are not panic turns.