Someone needs to develop this for water skiing

buoyboy1

• Baller
I was thinking more like a VR Headset, skier with headcam going through the passes at different line lengths and a selection for speed, so that you could train your visuals through the winter, even the possibilty of different lakes, I guess that would cost loads of dosh, with little return.

• Baller

@Stevie Boy personally when VR improves enough I could see a real world where the skier had augmented reality and maybe even the boat. Overlay the balls visually for the skier with no real course. Be able to have a coach put in a line through the gates. Be pretty cool.

@buoyboy1 somewhere on an old harddrive I have these videos from some presumably former USSR nation of a carpet treadmill with people doing toe tricks, and some sort of slalom lean trainer where there was a torsion bar and a pulley I think Helga whipped the skiers if they couldnt lean hard enough.

• Baller

@swbca Yes it is really challenging - 15 minutes and quads are completely done! I do it almost every pre-winter season since dozen of years ago - it is invented and made by few russian engineers, ski enthusiasts. Now it is pretty big company, they supplied US national team as well. Hi-tech sensors, hi-tech power motors changing direction in a fraction of a second, lot of soft etc..

Extremely helpful for real skiing - one month of regular training and boby angles/edging much better than before.

• Baller

From video it is not clear how it works.

Normal ski bindings are attached to bars. Bars are attached to belt driven by power motors. When boot edging bar belt moves to the side of edging, the more you edge - the faster belt move. It has several load levels for different sportsmen. The faster your edge change - the shorter turns, the bigger edge angle - the tighter turn. Very similar to snow ski.

I personally prefer w/o screen - just workout and edge drill.

(Actually bars are attached to system that moves the belt, but once you are in you think that you are on belt)

• Baller

I think it is more for marketing than for real training. Just to make show from boring routine.

By the way, it looks like float - because there are pro skiers.

In reality when you stay on this device and start edging right "ski" - belt throws you to left with a power of horse.

I am with @markm. For the price you could have a place on a ski lake + boat, and just ski.

Sun Valley Ski Academy has a similar brand that was donated. It also requires 3 phase power.

BUT for snow skiing, it helps with lots of variables, I.E. Slalom, GS, Super G, Downhill, plus terrain variations, side hill. And at the higher level, ( U.S. Ski Team has one in Park City) you can ski World Cup downhills, (which pretty much have the gates in the same place every year)

It is a lot harder than it looks.