Ear not ruptured, but still ringing, feel "full"

DVW70

hi Folks - been getting back into slalom after 30 year break...running buddy's Omni graphite, amazing ski. so took a 32mpr pass 15 off and broke at the hip at about 90% through turn 2 and smashed into the water flat on my face. Knew instantly something bad happened. As soon as I closed my eyes everything spun, incuding getting out of the water. That eveing pink fluid was coming out, as well as sunday too. Saw ENT monday and he said it doesnt look perforated but bruised. And it should be better in a couple weeks.

The problem is I have a terrible ringing and fullness as well as I can hear myseof ewhen talking (like the ear is clogged), anyone have simliar experience? I am scheduled Thursday for Massachussetts Earn Nose and Throat in Boston.

• Baller

Tough to know without looking in your ear. Was the ENT certain that you did not rupture your ear drum? Was any hearing testing performed? I have seen barotrauma like this cause hearing loss which can give a sense of ear fullness. I have also seen ruptured blood vessels on the ear drum with this type of injury which would mimic the "bruised" appearance and give fullness.

Best advice is to keep your ear strictly dry until you are seen by the folks at Mass Eye and Ear. They are pretty good and should be able to sort this out for you.

• Baller
The ent felt it was not but when I mentioned that it crackles and popped but remained full and muffled he didn’t rule out a small perforation or even a flap perforation, that allows water in the middle ear. It dripped for three days until this morning.

• Baller
I ruptured my eardrum skiing a couple years ago. My provider was never actually able to see the perforation, but it definitely was. When I pressurized it, it would audibly squeal. It did drain pink fluid quite a bit initially and eventually was infected, requiring antibiotic drops. Hope you can get it sorted out.