Don't use links to one of your Facebook photos to display a photo on BOS

swbca

• Baller_

A technical FYI

When you add a photo to one of your BOS posts you can copy it from your computer/phone or you can use a web address to a photo that appears on another web site.

Like on all internet photos, when you right-click on your Facebook photos you can view and copy the web address (url) for the photo.

On 3 occasions, when appropriate to the context of a BOS post, I have used a Facebook URL for one of my photos.

A few months later those photos disappeared from my BOS posts. No error or address appears, just nothing, so my post featuring a photo was nonsense and I could no longer edit the post to fix it.

Facebook may change all user's photo addresses periodically to put a limit on external links so they don't accumulate forever putting a load on their systems with no revenue benefit.

For example this shot of my 1986 Rainbow No-Wake ProStar disappeared from a thread featuring favorite boats.

lex6xq01qp71.jpg

And this shot of my Granddaughter disappeared from my post about my 2004 ProStar wake.

yye81vl8ad7b.jpg

09.22.21 THIS IS A FACEBOOK PICTURE of my boat to see when it quits on BOS. If you don't see a picture below, its because FACEBOOK changed the web address of the photo some time after 9.22.21.

236644215_10225237506754952_331183086365

• Baller_
@ScottScott That's the way to do it, but if its your own photo the quality might be slightly better if you just use the original you already have. I used the Facebook links to my photos a few times because it saved a few clicks . . my mistake.