2021 Malibu Open Webcast

Horton

• Baller
@ghutch , Jim has passed away and my comment was on a one time situation that occured many years ago and should not reflect on his many contributions to the skiing community. I was just taken by the fact that I pulled his two kids for about an hour for free and then got charged for a ski set. I moved on from it quickly and skied may tournaments at his lakes.

• Baller_

@travetitle @andjules @BlueSki Not perfect quality, but this is the slow motion version of Adam Caldwell's amazing recovery. (A cell phone video of my computer screen) Click on the YOUTUBE logo at the bottom of the video for full screen. The video break-up in the second slow motion view is in the original broadcast

For the Judges / If he went through the gate still sliding on his side, would he still get the final 1/4 Point. Hard to get there but what's the rule ?

• Baller

@swbca thanks for the video.

To answer your question - yes, if he slid on his side from where he did on this video THRU the gates (before the far side gate buoy) THEN regained skiing position he would have been scored the full buoy (like he was here). You could argue that his front foot needs to be “inside” the buoy regardless of its in the air or on the water. But the rule is “ultimately able to obtain skiing position.