T-factor users

disland

• Baller
I use a front T-Factor. Size M. Shoe size is a mens 9.5. The binding itself is pretty tight and holds my foot well. I still use the original cinch and just snug it up. Once this one wears out, I'm ordering another. Great binding in my opinion.

• Baller

I love my t-factor. I have it for my front foot only and I have a toe plate for the back foot. The only issue I had is with the little cincher. I grabbed it by mistake to tighten things instead of grabbing the bungee itself and the whole cincher ended in the lake. Zip ties can prevent that.

38a9eoxb1gp3.jpeg

• Baller
@ral I use a Tfactor on my slalom and a leverage on my trick. Comparing these can be a little difficult because the leverage tightness has a lot to do with how tight you have the overlays, where as the Tfactor has a little more adjustment with the cinch cord. Never had an issue with cramping other than my leverage does seem to squeeze my toes down a little tighter. I have the leverage overlays set where I need a spritz of 303/lube to slam my foot in the binding in colder temps. No 303 needed on the Tfactor.

• Baller
I just had my ski go though the handle in a fall causing the ski to get instantly ripped off my foot in a nanosecond. T factor as tight as it goes and it came right off in this very odd test of a fall. I couldn't believe it.

• Baller

@disland pay attention to 2 areas. Area 1 is toward the toe where the upper cuff material meets a little 1/8" strip of rubber to the lower sole and Area 2 is the back of the cuff by the calf. That toe area is a major weak point though I believe it has recently been reinforced a bit. once these start cracking there can be some zip tie reinforcement in a pinch but it's time for a replacement wrap.

vflbelpr8ydq.jpg

9b6eb5k3fw98.jpg

6sem5m6du80a.jpg

• Baller
@disland / have been running originals now for at least 5 years . Not noticed any changes in structural integrity. Love these things. Just yesterday had a great reminder they DO release. Took a great OTF fall yesterday and came completely out of double boots, laced up snug.

• Baller
So I replaced my lower lace with a lighter weight bungee style lace. Took out the cinch piece and just tied a knot at the tension i liked. The boot is plenty tight for me in the fore foot. I kept the upper stock lace but tightened up the bungee so there Was less cord to deal with.

• Baller

D3 have been fantastic and changed my T Factor overlay twice now! (As goodwill as out of warranty).

First was original after 2 years light use and it split both at the back (the ‘vent’ piece on the rear upper) and sides. Think these are known weak spot because my friends did the same, and:

The new one is now a revised design (which I see Nate is using too) with the rear vents removed in favour of solid rubber and the little cut outs removed at the side. This makes it much stiffer forward and back! 0zbtf2xzg6gx.jpeg

Unfortunately this new overlay failed after 3 months in the same place as that last picture - near toes at the side.

I do wonder whether they revisions although welcome and give a stiffer binding have created a new area of stress…ctnwa9i82l8u.jpeg

9r78nt6ykpr3.jpeg

1pg4b0qrs79i.jpeg

• Baller
changed from Animals to tfactors about 5-6 years ago. MUCH prefer tfactors for fit and support and control. No issues at all - they do release when needed - will feel stiffer at first - just get used to it - no problems. Buoy counts are 99% all what I can can do in form and position - which these help IMO, as far as feeling better connected to the ski. I use double boots - I'm a 9 1/2 and use a medium, do use slime on boots and feet on entry and cinch snug. Great fit. I'm a fan for life

• Baller_

my rear tfactor came apart like that . however it was probably 5 years old. I just ordered up a new wrap from D3 online. great service .

though yes when taking it apart take note of where the screws came out. maybe someone from d -3 can elaborate or give a diagram.

I find i am like the princess and the pea , I feel the screw under the footed and can't seem to relocated where I don't feel it..

• Baller
Every time I change an overlay or any part of a rubber boot, I remove the plate so to make the boot more pliable and also to visually check every screw that is in place and the correct length so it does not go through the plastic frame sticking its pointy end inside the boot. Every rubber boot except the Wiley’s… ?

• Baller

@OldboyII, Certainly not judging Wiley’s rubber, it’s of great quality, great feel, very durable and Wiley is also the source for some other rubber binding manufacturers.

Just saying that the approach to changing rubber pieces is different on the Wiley’s, due to their different construction, bolts through rubber and frame, rather than using wood screws to piece together the frame and the plate.

• Baller

@DW Good question. It is always difficult to verbalize feelings and sensations. Will try.

1. With laced Animals you always choose either to tighten laces and endanger your Achilles tendon or leave laces loose and decrease heel hold. With replaced overlay you have both good hold and reliable release in OTF.

2. Wileys overlay gives a bit more forward lean stance. Which is IMO not bad.

3. Overal feeling - foot is more pressed to sole and the whole lower leg is in contact with every part of the boot. Never felt in before - as if I am more coordinated with ski/boot system.

• Baller

Got some new T-Factors (first pair still usable after 8 years) the elastic in the front binding lacing failed. Didn't break, just stretched out and has no elasticity. D3 used to sell lace kit with lock, but don't see that available on their website. Guess I'll call. Anybody find a source for appropriate diameter laces?

Edit.... found them on D3 website, but set of 2, 33" each $10 plus shipping ouch!