Who will podium in Mens slalom at worlds?

Horton

• Administrators

12 make it to the final. Who are your 12?

Then who is your top 5?

Here is the likely top 20 in alphabetical order.

Adam Caldwell

Adam Sedlmajer

Benjamin Stadlbaur

Brian Detrick

Cale Burdick

Carlo Allais

Chris Parrish

Cole Mccormick

Corey Vaughn

Dane Mechler

Edoardo Marenzi

Freddie Winter

Jakob Bogne

Joel Poland

Jonathan Travers

Landon Geels

Martin Bartalsky

Matteo Luzzeri

Nate Smith

Nicholas Adams

Nicholas Benatti

Nick Parsons

Robert Hazelwood

Robert Pigozzi

Ryan Canepa

Sean Hunter

Stephen Neveu

Terry Winter

Thomas Degasperi

William Asher

Zane Nicholson

I think there are going to be a LOT of ties and run offs. This is going to be one hell of a show.

• Baller_

We have a very good site for the event. Right now it looks like the weather on Saturday is mostly sunny with wind around 5, so if this prediction holds, we’ll great conditions for the final. Great site + great conditions = big scores.

I predict that some piece of 43 is needed to win. That significantly narrows the field of possible winners to those capable of running 41: Nate, Will, Freddie and TGas. Corey and Dertick have run 41 once or twice, so they are outliers. CP? Love the guy but no. Caldwell, McCormack Mechler are all deep 41 guys but haven’t run the pass and Mechler just suffered his second significant hand injury of the season. On the other hand, Caldwell always brings his A game and Hazelwood has been on a tear.

I think it will be a shoot out between Nate and Freddie. Freddie wins on heart even though his scores this season haven’t been what he wants. Caldwell, Hazelwood and McCormack round out the podium, not necessarily in that order.

Lpskier

• Administrators

@andjules that list is from the pro tour points not from the amateur scores list

Sasha and Joel are the obvious exclusions on that list because they don't have any pro tour points this year

if I grabbed more than 20 it's a cut paste error but it's probably more helpful anyway

• Baller

I agree it will most likely be the highest cut in worlds history but I’d be surprised if it’s 2@10.25

I’ll go with 6 @ 10.75 (39) someone will take a huge hit on 6 and make it out gates but fall to be last in …..

Podium

Nate , Fred , Adam

• Baller

I think the cut is a piece of 3@41 (2-1/4 or more).

Too 5 are Freddie, Will Asher, T-Gas, Adam Caldwell and Nate.

There are a LOT of guys who are skiing really well and the competition should be amazing! I don’t remember a time where there was more parity in the top 10-15 skiers in both the men’s and women’s slalom groups! No doubt there will be a lot of run-offs. You could easily swap any of the names above with others but I think these are the guys who know how to get it done!

• Baller

I’ll go with a piece of three at 41 for the cut. I like @klindy’s top 5, along with @Wish’s addition of Detrick, for a “top 6, top 5”! If healthy, wouldn’t be surprised to see Sasha in the mix.

And then how about the ladies? (Hopefully a separate thread coming…)

• Baller

TOP 5 MEN

Nate

Will (will he win? maybe! but is he ever not in the top 5? rarely.)

T-Gas (will he win? probably not; but is he ever not in the top 5? never!)

either:

Fred + 1 wildcard

or 2 wildcards (Descuns, Detrick, Caldwell, Pigozzi, Mechler, Travers, McCormick, Hazelwood, Charlie Ross, either Dailland, Vaughn, Sedlmajer, Stadlbaur, etc., etc., etc.)

TOP 5 WOMEN

more predictable, but no less exciting:

Regina

Jamie ("the race for 2nd")

Whitney ("the race for 2nd")

Manon ("the race for 2nd")

+1 wildcard ("the race for 5th")