Front binding not centered

BS74

• Baller

Question: Bought a new top of line ski at worlds yesterday, mfg. name not important. When I mounted the front binder(reflex plate) I noticed that it was not centered. All of the holes are a 1/16 to the left so binder is not centered. Rear binder not so important as I rotate it a little any way. Do you think it makes a difference? I'm sure I can take it back tomorrow for replacement as I haven't skied it yet.

• Baller
I noticed that on my front insert pattern on my ski this season (very popular ski brand at Worlds). If my bio-mass movement that sits on top of this slightly miss-aligned pattern was absolutely identical and perfect every pass, I may have been concerned.

• Baller
@wawaskr : Have to also consider if I don't like the ski and go to sell it. New buyer may notice it and think he got stiffed. I think when one spends close to two grand for a ski it should be right, but don't want to be a whiner either.

• Administrators

@BS74

1/16th is more than I would prefer but it's probably not enough for you to feel. I've seen much larger offsets than that.

Your foot does not sit in your binding exactly the same by more than 1/16th from past to pass.

• Baller

@BS74 take it back, use a key and your thumb against the bevel to measure on the spot any replacement ski... over 1/16” should be visible with naked eye anyway.

Is this an all carbon finish ski, visible carbon, no vinyl or painted ski?

• Baller
@dchristman, looks like front is rotated, not mounted evenly to one side. I think he has some kind of hybrid Goode. It probably wouldn't have made a difference. When I took the ski back the company thanked me because it alerted them to a potential manufacturing problem.