World Wake Association

Jody_Seal

• Baller_

Good afternoon everyone.

In an attempt to get real answers from other towed water sports entities i had the opportunity to talk to a Corrie Wilson of the World wake association.

She was very happy to talk to me about alternative to USAWS .

We discussed what the WWA has to offer in form of recognizing a waterski competitive series.

Insurance is readily available as well as better coverage then that USAWS Has to offer.

Very enthusiastic about bringing main stream comptetitive three event watersking into their association.

She also said I was not the first to reach out to the WWA in the last few months from the realm of our sport.

Stay tuned as more information will come available in the real near future.

Merry Christmas!

• Administrators
I have also spoken to Corrie. My understanding is that The WWA could possibly offer some events to be sanctioned under their structure and that that structure offers very little except for insurance. Their structure would not include judges ratings or standards or rule books or any of the other things that many people think are necessary.

• Baller_

@Horton

Your absolutely right! ITS CALLED A CLEAN SLATE! What do you have to offer??

I have already seen a template for judges,scoring, drivers and rankings as well as Safety for competition as well as a mission statement and direction.

Insurance is truly the biggest hurdle and it is there and available for a reasonable price with out all the baggage that comes with USAWS.

Its coming! it's real! and if you do not want to be involved then so be it.

Time to get out of the box!!

• Baller_

@Golfguy go to their web site. take a look around you will see that there are a number of different series, tours and championships recognized by this organization. 3event could just as easily be included.

talking to Corrie the WWA is wanting to help establish similar avenues for competitive waterskiing. are they going to establish criteria for competition? No! are they going to establish the structure? No! but they will offer a home, web site as well as access to industry that USAWS no longer has! it would be up to skiers to establish their own identity within the association as well as competitive criteria.

The snowball has been created and sits on top of a very steep hill. It only takes a small push!!

One other thing to be the WWA world champion is truly a more prestigious title then to be a the IWWF world champion!

Masters wakeboard championships WWA Not USAWS, Moomba Masters WWA not IWWF!

The number of riders that enter the WWA US

nationals Dwarf the number of riders at the USAWS US wake nationals.

I would say this group has become very successful

when USAWS leaders continue to eat away at the sport with draconian leadership.

• Baller

Interesting, looks like they are hiring paid officials, an others, hmm. Could USAWS do something along these lines?

Full-time, part-time, seasonal and internship positions available.

Sales

Event Planning

Event Marketing

Event Operations

Event Announcers

Officials

• Baller
@Jody_Seal I see the potential. We could adopt any or none of the rules we currently have with USAWS and start as a small group at first to kick it off. I'm holding back sanctioning my 4 tournaments until further notice. A chance for some open thinking, you know the kind that jumped out of the box.

• Baller
These folks seem to be all about FUN, promoting their sport, competition , in that order. Sounds familiar to AWSA 50 years ago. The fact that they are interested in taking us in is surprising. We have been poo pooing wakeboarding so long, we didn't realize they are the group with open minds. We skiers are going to have to check our attitudes at the door. Clean slate is the best way to approach this. I'm in.

• Baller
This causes me to wonder about how much smaller the rules book could be if we strip anything above Class C and E events. Maybe someone has a rule book from the 80's that can be updated with a few key improvements we currently embrace. Also, the blank slate means older boats equipped with non-ZO speed control could be allowed as the norm for Class C in this new organization. Scoring could move back to Excel templates, and scorers do more than data entry.