2021 HO Omni Water Ski vs 2022 HO Omni Water Ski ??????

oldmanskier

• Baller

I have been interested in the HO Omni due to my age (67) weight (212), height (5' 7") and injury's that make a deep water starts difficult for me now. I would most likely want at least a 69" ski.

I still try to ski the course at 32 MPH and just like to run back to back 28 off and occasionally try a 32 off.

I see several great deals on the 2021 HO Omni online.

For you that ski on either of these skies do you think there is a big difference between the 2022 and 2021 Omni?

At my level do you think the carbon versions of the new Omni's would be of any benefit?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Smothers (oldmansker)

• Baller
@oldmanskier 2021 and 2022 Omni are the same ski, just a new graphic. However, for 2022 we added a wider option in the 67 and 69 sizes of both the Carbon and Standard builds. If you are 212 lbs and running 32mph, you could go with a 67 Wide or a 69 Standard width. I think the Omega Max might be a more difficult deep water start for you and the largest that ski is made in is a 68. Hope this helps!!

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller

@oldmanskier If you are skiing the course, I'd recommend the Carbon version because it will be more lively/responsive. Carbon version also comes stock with our Syndicate adjustable fin.

The standard build is an all fiberglass layup which gives it a more dampened/cruisy feel.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations