Most FUN ski moment(s) of 2021?

Keukaskier

• Baller

THAT moment came on Aug 14 around 3p…when, having run 15off/34 for the first time ever* and then proceeding to quite vocally and visually lose my sh!t between the exit gates and set down, I got to tell the driver, who had no idea what all the fuss was about, to CHOP IT! Made 2 @ 22 up and back to finish the set (and reach the goal I’d set early in 2020, before the Covid-botched season).

*50 years of mostly free-skiing, with course skiing 85-86 and 2016-present. It’s been a LOT of muscle memory to erase and re-record. ?

epub5sxatxmh.jpeg

• Baller

A few for me.

1- a new PB for me. (Hey, I'm old (66) and a course rookie, so -22/32 mph was a big milestone for me. Replicated it one more time. Looking forward to getting into -28 next year.)

2- the TWBC coverage, especially the worlds.

3- a barefoot outing with a few buds.

4-finally getting around to (it took a few years) fixing Jake Owen's video to Barefoot Blue Jean Night that had a bunch of wakeboarding shots in it. Clearly it needed corrected.ht (afterall, its barefoot blue jean night, not wakeboard blue jean night)

https://vimeo.com/search?q=barefoot+blue+jean+night+corrected

• Baller
Actually skiing? Probably the first 35 off I ran at ski school. I just kept working on technique at 28 & 32 all spring. Coach suggested I try 35 and it was sweet, super easy. Moment of the season? For sure was Dane running 41 off in the tie-break at world's. Phenomenal!! His one ball! Holy Crap!