Show off your most impressive/awesome wipe-out pics!

DangerBoy

• Baller

In this thread, I'm inviting people to show off their most impressive wipe-out/crash photos. Photos that record the most horrendous, explosive crashes you and your ski friends have ever captured in an image. All are welcome to contribute so please share your best images. Videos are welcome too.Want to see flailing limbs and huge mushroom clouds of spray as your/their pass/run comes to a sudden, explosive, fiery and ignominious end. I'll start things off with what I think is the best waterski crash photo I've ever taken. This one is a ski buddy of mine caught airborne between his first and second bounces following a horrendous OTF at high speed. Complete yard sale. Can't even see his ski in the photo (I think it burned up on re-entry) but you can certainly see the huge mushroom cloud of spray his first bounce created and if you look closely, you can see pretty clearly that his shorts are half way down his thighs ready to come off after the next bounce.

That's my best. What else you peeps got? With all the years of waterskiing experience on this forum, I have to think there's got to be some impressive and amazing crash photos out there. Let's see your best ones!

I've got a few more to share after this but I wanna see some of yours before I throw those in.

• Baller

Here is a two-parter. I call this series, "Houston, we have a problem".In the first image you see the set-up to the fall: breaking at the waist on an off-side turn. Nothing good can come from that...

Next you see me midway into the explosive OTF that resulted. Not hurt at all. Just glad someone got a picture of it.

• Baller
@Cam I can see why you didn't buy that ski. It doesn't seem to ride very low in the water or rather it seems that it rides a little too high in the air. Pretty hard to make it around a ball when a ski does that. ;) Epic crash though. While completing many tumbles and flips in the dismount will earn you lots of points for technical merit, the dramatic arm flailing you're doing during those tumbles is really critical to racking up the artistic impression points which can make the difference between finishing on or off the podium. :)

• Baller

Okay, here are a couple more of my best. This is what I call wipe-art; artistic shots of epic ski wipe-outs. These were taken with my Sony A7II mirrorless camera using a vintage manual focus Russian (I think Soviet era) 105 mm prime lens. Great glass in some of those old film camera lenses. These are both of my best ski-buddy of over 30 years doing what he does best; crashing. I like how the images seem to capture the essence of that moment of desperate realization and resignation you have when you see the handle has just left your grasp and you know you're about to pile in and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

g1a9l9u54ktj.jpg

zmgzlqz06p9y.jpg

• Baller

Digging through my old old photos I found these. These next two are of two different crashes I had on the same run. I don't usually fall that often so I must've had a bad day. Beauty crashes though ;) (P.S. I'm on my '06 Monza. Graphics and color-wise, one of the coolest looking skis of all time IMO)

hj1qijuspkyc.jpg

a few minutes later I pile in again... Head first this time.

hkrgkm94u1dc.jpg

This one's of my ski buddy. I have quite a few shots of him crashing...

6zrjl0uze2sm.jpg