Scrared! To ski or not to ski.

LoopSki

• Baller

Somehow my dumb ass managed to dislocated and fractured both shoulders last summer. First was my left shoulder barefooting dislocated it had it have that put back in by a doctor. Then marmot later I slipped and fell and dislocated the other shoulder but that one popped back in on its own. Doc recommend surgery on both but I haven’t done it yet. He said it wasn’t 100% necessary but I’ll always be at risk for dislocating my shoulders in the future. It’s been a painful last couple months but I’m almost pain-free and have full movement back again. I’m terrified though to go out and ski the spring mess them up even more. Doctor said this is the first time he’s ever seen someone fracture shoulders at the same time. Lucky me

75e2in1uobts.jpeg

gi2yizfz1lbw.jpeg

• Baller
@LoopSki I have had both labrums repaired over the years from multiple dislocations. I haven't had many problems with my shoulders since then, but I don't push it either. Two hands on the handle with my lats engaged is a pretty stable position for my shoulders. I cringe when I see the professional skiers reach during some turns. I can't do that anyway, but would never attempt either. I always have two hands on the handle. I only free ski for fun, so it's not an issue for me. I also have loose joints overall. Those with more stable joints at baseline might have an easier time recovering stability, and avoiding future dislocations. Either way, I learned from my teenage years what my shoulders can and cannot do, and have adapted my behaviors.