2002 Ski Nautique 196, 482 Hours, Show Winner

One_Ski

• Baller

I am a life-long slalom skier, now selling my boat because retirement and our mountain homestead have become full-time commitments. I still love to ski, but just don’t have the time to do it justice.

kakf8l1bdwin.jpeg

I am located near Bakersville, North Carolina

For Boat details, go to: https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=63150

Contact me at 803-412-8929 or oneski156@icloud.com if you are interested in this one-of-a-kind boat.

• Baller
Ditto. Your price is right considering the market we're in. Hope you get it. $4 grand for a ZO conversion, this boat is the best all time. You just can't buy a better slalom boat for this kind of money right now. Beautiful!

• Baller

@tlarocque ship it. I haven't shipped a boat, but I've shipped 2 cars. You might as well get a quote and see what it would take. Utah to MN I think was about $1K for me uncovered. Can't remember the cost of covered from Chicago.

• Baller
@SkiBeKaus, I got it from FreshAirExaust.com. They were good folks to deal with. For me, effect on the wakes was minimal, but I bought it primarily to cut down the noise when I was moving slowly (5-10 mph, bow up, not on plane due to rough water or other reasons); the exhaust noise, especially in the back seat, was loud. I think in the end I didn't get the noise reduction I'd hoped for at those speeds because my FAE was just a bit too short. I ended up with minimal effect on the slalom wake which was good, but also didn't quite get the low-speed noise reduction I'd hoped for. Overall, it was worth it to me, but sizing the FAE is not exact; you take your measurements and until you install your custom-made product, you don't know how those fraction of an inch differences will affect you.

• Baller
@One_Ski my bubble butt eventually developed quite a drone at those speeds, too. I don't think it was there when I first got it. It was not really loud out the back exhaust, more so loud in the boat particularly back seat. Not sure what to make of that really. Needs mufflers?

• Baller
Maybe, but I think that making the FAE the exact right length should solve the problem. The key would be making it just long enough to be at or below the water surface when the boat is not on plane. I know the guys at FAE would have worked with me to add length to mine, but I didn't think it was worth the trouble. Most of my time in the boat is slalom skiing, and for me, wake changes due to my FAE were minimal. It was a reasonable trade off.