2017 HO VTX

bananaron

• Baller
There is a 2017new HO VTX for sale on SIA.I recall having A HO that was yellow and black however dont recall if it was a VTX or the VTR.I did like the ski and might be interested in this new VTX.Any info from you smart ballers would be helpful...thx

• Baller
I’d venture to say the lack of responses is maybe somewhat telling. While I’ve not been on a VTX, as I recall it was one of those skis that had somewhat lackluster reviews. It came after the V and VTR but before the Pro. V and VTR got high marks, VTX not so much. Wasn’t there also a new HO binding set up that launched with the VTX that also sort of fell flat? Ski top had a unique look . I could be way off here as again I’ve not been on the ski, but only my recollection that it just never did much. Don’t see many around . I’m sure there are some folks out there that can provide real feedback . Hope they show up here.

• Baller
I had the VTX which I got on sale a couple a years ago new for $600. Initially it was ok, but never had any luck with it. If you really want to save time and money demo a ski before buying. I'm on the HO Omega now that I did demo before buying and it is night and day better than the VTX in MHO.

• Baller
@bananaron For what it's worth, I have a 2017 VT-R that is almost all black with a bit of grey accenting, definitely no yellow. My buddy as a '17 VTX that is black and white. Never compared the two for ski-ability.

• Baller
VTX had one our deepest concave volumes in recent years. Because of that, it really excelled 35 and shorter and was not a super user-friendly ski at longer line lengths. This shape evolved into the Syndicate Pro which has a much more user-friendly demeanor.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations