DHEA?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

A doctor recently suggested I take DHEA supplement. Some googling suggests that WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) considers this a banned substance, but I cannot find where USAWS and/or IWWF say what rules govern waterski athletes. (I also cannot find Masters Track and Field guidance, but that's a subject for a different audience.)

Yes, I realize I will never actually be tested, and if this will really improve my health I might just take it regardless. But I'm at least curious whether it is officially allowed and how I could find that out.

• Baller
Elite waterskiers are subject to WADA (or some similar agency) drug testing and must report their whereabouts at all times so they can be randomly drug tested. Listen to Freddie Winter's podcast with Matteo Luzzeri for a funny story about drug testing.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan Its banned for a reason. It's a PED with serious potential unhealthy side effects. I would make absolutely sure you need it, not just, "I wanna feel younger". If you do need it, you should get a TUE, especially if you are still coaching kids.

*imho